Green Lantern: The Animated Series Readalong [3/15 - 3/22]

Greeting Lantern Corps! Have you enjoyed our watchalongs with the animated series? Then perhaps you’ll also enjoy reading the animated comic series with us!

The goal is to read an issue each week and discuss. This week, issue #0.

Here’s some ideas to encourage discussion, but feel free to talk about anything you want related to the series. Just don’t include spoilers from future issues.

1. Do you think this issue was a good start for the series?
  2. What are you hoping to see in future issues?
  3. Was anything surprising to see?
  4. Did you have a favorite part?
2 Likes
  1. I appreciate that it starts under the premise that the reader knows little to nothing about green lanterns, and I get that it’s targeted to a younger audience, but it’s was kinda simplistic.
  2. Hopefully the exposition dumps get better. Also really want to see the various colors show up.
  3. The color-masking/invisibility thing was neat. The red constructs are also something that aren’t normal for the comics.
  4. How could you not notice!?
1 Like
  1. Do you think this issue was a good start for the series?
    It was a very simplistic start but picked up in intensity as it went along and turned into a nice little adventure.
  2. What are you hoping to see in future issues?
    I really want to see that creature come back and cause drama for our ring slingers
  3. Was anything surprising to see?
    From the way the issue started out, seeing the conversation about the quantum refractive was rather surprising!
  4. Did you have a favorite part?
    The evilness of the Reds about to chop off Killowogs hand to get his ring
2 Likes

Do you think this issue was a good start for the series?

I think so – it tells you everything you need to know if you’ve never read or heard of the Green Lanterns.

What are you hoping to see in future issues?

I would hope for some interesting stuff that isn’t in the animated series would be fun.

Was anything surprising to see?

The quantum stuff was pretty surprising. Honestly, in regards to these kind of “kids comics” I really didn’t expect to see anything that clever or have at least a little basis in some actual theoretical science.

Did you have a favorite part?

That was it, honestly. Like, this was okay, but nothing else really stood out to me.

2 Likes

Would love to see that little guy get into shenanigans. Seems like a little stinker .

1 Like

Week 2 is up for Issue # 1