green lantern season 2 ideas

I think it should have the indgo lanterns

6 Likes

Starro, nuff said

2 Likes

Starro, nuff said

2 Likes

Is there seriously going to be a season 2? There needs to be, a FANTASTIC show!

2 Likes

-The Sinestro Corps War
-Rage of the Red Lanterns (yeah, they were in the first half of S1 but something new can always be done with them)
-War of the Green Lanterns
-Sinestro
-The First Lantern
-War of Light
-anything with Relic
-anything Rebirth

One season per arc adds up to a hefty run :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would love to see Orange Lantern, Sinestro becoming a villain and maybe see John Stewart and Kyle Raynor as Green Lantern also! They can do alot more in the series! :grinning:

2 Likes

If only it would happen. :frowning:

1 Like

Razer and Aya absolutely need closure and the Yellow Lantern core beginnings are worth exploring.

2 Likes

I agree with @Vroom. I’d love to see all of those. Maybe even New Guardians.

3 Likes

Addendum on more stuff that would charge my power ring:

-more of Aya, Bd’g, Chaselon, Guy, Larfleeze and Sinestro (he must be voiced by Ron Perlman again)
-Ch’p
-Razer as a Blue Lantern
-John Stewart (no Hal, this one is not the TV guy; ) )
-Black Hand
-Goldface
-Sonar
-Evil Star
-Kyle Rayner in his classic/modern suit
-Blackest Night (season long arc right there)
-Brightest Day material that pertains to GL
-Renegade (the DC You storyline if that name is wrong)
-Lobo (the one non-GL related guest star)
-Mongul (a Superman villain sure, so he could count as a guest star but he’s rumbled with the GLC enough to where he pulls double duty as a GL adversary too)

3 Likes

First of all, I promise that this is going somewhere, just bare with me through the first part and then I’ll get to the story behind it all and a more thorough explanation of my ideas for a second season of Green Lantern the Animated Series. First I’ll list the potential story points. After that is done, I’ll get to the actual story, I promise. I hope you’re not disappointed when you read it. I think it’s pretty good, but then again I’m half asleep, so I’ll let you guys be the judge. I hope you enjoy it and please excuse the middle part, I just got excited by all of the potential that this series has to offer. You’ll know when the story part comes because I did my best to separate the sections with spaces. Thank you for your time and patience if you’ve read this far. I hope you enjoy the end result.

[I had a few ideas for season 2 of Green Lantern, including a way to bring back Aya and introduce the many great galactic threats that the DC Universe has to offer. Given that they used the Anti-Monitor and Ranx the Living City, I consider no galactic threat off limits, especially since the Green Lantern Corps. has faced them all at one time or another. This is including, but not limited to, Krona, Nekron, the Black Lanterns, the Sinestro Corps., a divided Red Lantern Corps. at war with each other, including one lead by former Green Lantern Guy Gardner and the other by the true leader of the Red Lanterns Atrocitous. Not to mention Mongul, Braniac, Starro, Solaris the Tyrant Sun, Darkseid and the forces of Apokalips, the Dominators, Mr. Mind, Doomsday, Larfleeze, the warlords of Ocara, Blackfire, the Crime Syndicate, Parallax, Cyborg Superman, Volthoom, the Phantom Lantern, the weaponers of Quard, the Sun Eater, Superboy-Prime, the Controllers, Eclipso, Universo, Fatality, Oblivion, Alexander Nero, Lyssa Drak, Indigo, and many others.]

For those of you still reading and wondering what my plan to save Aya is, it is as followed: With her unique programming spreading to the hundreds of Manhunters she controlled, she managed to attract the attention of the galactic tyrant commonly known as Braniac, who was originally drawn by the distress signal sent out by the Anti-Monitor while plugged into the previously abandoned Ranx, peaking Braniac’s curiosity as he is well aware that Ranx has been long abandoned. With his ships advanced cloaking technology, he remained hidden in order to observe the conflict and the newly reactivated Manhunters, which he was well aware were deactivated long ago. That’s when Aya showed up and immediately attracted his attention. He had all information on Ranx, the Anti-Monitor, and even the Manhunters, but Aya was different. He needed to understand her unique nature and incorporate her programming into his own, storing her information as he did all other information he collected and store her consciousness in his collection along with his bottled cities. After all, she contained a wealth of knowledge for him to store and incorporate, including valuable knowledge that had eluded him for some time, the location and information on the home of the Green Lanterns, the planet Oa. He decided to use the knowledge gained from Aya’s latent programming to plot a course of action against his next target and the next city to add to his collection, the planet Oa. He now possessed more than enough knowledge to mount an attack against the planet and cut through their defenses with ease. Now the Green Lantern Corps. had the task of preparing for a hopeless defensive against Braniac, who now possessed all of the knowledge necessary to cut through any defenses they could put in place thanks to Aya. However, Hal and Killowog only had one thing on their minds, rescuing the still living Aya from the clutches of the tyranical Braniac who had actually managed to save her from her own virus at the last second. He had to make sure that the Manhunters were affected so that they no longer posed a possible threat to his plans, but in order to get the information that he required from the original Aya, he had to make sure that she remained alive so that he had the opportunity to experiment on her and figure the secret of her existence. In order to do that, he quickly constructed an antivirus to counteract the virus that she created to kill the Manhunters, making sure to save only her so he would have ample time to perform his experiments, eventually aquiring the information he desired and then some. This means that Aya was alive and well, but there was only one problem, one pretty big problem. In order to get to Aya, Hal and Killowog had to try and sneak aboard Braniac’s ship, which they immediately got caught doing. Braniac informed them that they were not the only ones foolish enough to attempt such a reckless stunt that could only end in their capture and eventual death. However, he first assured them that their death would not come soon as he wished to study the technology that powered their rings, just as he intended to do with the other reckless fool who attempted to board his ship. That’s when they’re detained in a cell with his other prisoner, Razer, who tried to sneak aboard to rescue Aya as well. However, unbeknownst to Braniac, he left Aya alone for too long and she was able to assume control of limited facets of his ship, freeing the prisoners and opening the door to their cell. After rerouting his ship’s course to bring him to the forbidden zone instead of Oa, Aya reunited with Hal, Killowog, and Razer and barely managed to escape Braniac’s clutches as he ultra warped to he preprogrammed path to what he thought was Oa, instead ending up at the new home world of the Red Lanterns. They know Braniac will be back to Oa and he will be back for revenge as well as to fullfil his original mission, but now they have time to prepare and, most importantly, the old gang is back together and Aya is alive and well. The story ends with Razer and Aya finally getting together and expressing their true feeling for each other. However, the reunion is short lived when they realize that everyone on Oa is acting out of the ordinary except for those aboard Braniac’s ship and one other GL who has fought off the parasites that have been affecting everyone else, filling the gang in on what has been transpiring in their absence and the parasites controlling the population of Oa, using his ring to lift up one of the parasites, revealing it to be one of Starro’s drones. The Lantern, of course, being Sinestro. Knowing this is a threat to big for that small group to face, they need to form an uneasy be alliance. There are only two beings warped enough to fend off Starro’s control. First, they go for the easy one and head to Ocara, where they have the task if recruiting Larfleeze. Although he resists at first, Hal simply tells him that if he doesn’t help and Starro takes over Oa, Larfleeze would be next and not only would Starro take his Lantern, but all of his stuff as well. With that Larfleeze is on board. Due to his warped mind, he has become immune to Starro’s control as his greed overpowers Starro and he won’t let him take his mind or his things. With that, they head back to Oa for the harder sell, Atrocitous. They find a pile of dead Starro drones outside of his science cell. Each had been poisoned by his permanently warped physiology brought on by his prolonged use of the Red Lantern ring, making his body and mind poisonous to the Starro drones. In order to enlist his help, he is promised freedom. However, unbeknownst to Atrocitous, there has been a recent rift in the Red Lantern Corps. and a shift in not only leadership, but the structure of the Corps. and their purpose and function in the universe, meaning that Atrocitous is no longer in control like he thinks he is when he makes the deal with Hal and soon finds out that regaining control won’t be as easy as he first thought. Nevertheless, he and Larfleeze assist Hal, Killowog, Razer, and Aya in driving Starro away and freeing the citizens of Oa. Then, at the end of the battle, after Atrocitous and Larfleeze depart from Oa, one of the Guardians looks greatly troubled. After Hal asks why he’s so dower, they won and it’s a time of victory and celebration, the guardian tells Hal that Starro the Conquerer shouldn’t be anywhere near that sector of space, it’s uncharted territory for him and he has no reason to venture this far. Starro’s presence greatly troubles him. Hal tries to suggest that maybe he’s attempting to conquer what no starfish has conquered before. The Guardian keeps a stern look on his face as Hal explains that it was just a joke. The Guardian snaps at him and tells him that this is no time for jokes. Starro’s presence was no mere coincidence and he fears that it’s simply the beginning of something much bigger. Hal tries to dismiss it and asks what it could possibly be, nobody even knows that they’re there and with the Red Lanterns out of the way, they have nothing to worry about, asking who would want to harm to Green Lantern Corps.? The Guardian simply stares at him with a stern and angry look on his face, telling Hal that he’s a fool and has no idea of which he speaks. Then he walks away keeping be the angry, worried look and his face as Hal is left confused. That’s when it flashes to the true mastermind behind the Starro invasion, as well as being revealed to be behind the return of the Anti-Monitor last season and the reawakening of the Manhunters, with the Anti-Monitor unaware that he was being manipulated by a mastermind who was pulling the strings all along, the series true villain Krona.

(If you read all of that, thanks for sticking through to the end. I wrote something similar in another post, but in less detail. I would have just copied and pasted, but you can’t do that on this app. Besides, I added some stuff and improved the original story that I wrote, so it all worked out in the end. Also, once again, thanks for sticking through to the end if you did.)

2 Likes

I think expanding on the number of Earth Lanterns was probably something we would’ve seen in season 2. We got a John Stewart name drop, so we were DEFINITELY going to see that guy.

But how would we introduce Kyle Rayner? I’d be okay with some form of the Parallax story without having to destroy Coast City or completely sending Hal over to the dark side. Remember when it was revealed by Scar that Ion was living inside the central power battery? If Sinestro were to learn of this fact, I feel that would be a good motivator for him to seek more power, and eventually find Parallax, who would then go on to possess Hal, leading to his Green Lantern Power Ring leaving him, and seeking out Kyle Rayner to help save Hal and the the corps.

Just a thought.

Oh and call me biased because of my icon, but if the writers are hesitant to have so many human GLs on the show at once, make Guy Gardner the leader of the Red Lanterns, like in the New 52 Red Lanterns comic. That is my favorite interpretation of Guy Gardner!

1 Like