Green Lantern Movie (2011)

I know this isn’t a perfect movie & could have been way much better, but hey, at least there is a movie about one of my favorite DC characters of all time. I enjoyed the movie very much. It was very funny and entertaining.

4 Likes

I liked it, too. I never really understood why it garnered so much hate.

4 Likes

@ralphsix
I think it was a really good movie after all. I mean, imagine this movie in the 80’s or 90’s. It would be a classic!

2 Likes

Right. I liked seeing all the different alien Lanterns we’ve known and loved come to life. That training scene with Kilowog was fun.

2 Likes

@ralphsix
Sinestro… What a great acting ! Mark Strong did a great job. So comic book accurate!

3 Likes

Ryan Reynolds was a perfect choice and the Sinestro training session was my favorite part. It makes me think that we could have just gotten a GL vs Sinestro movie that would have been great.

3 Likes

The Sinestro Corp would have been a joy to see. Hopefully, we still can someday.

I do have to admit that portraying Parralax as a giant cloud of smoke may not have been the best decision.

2 Likes

The smoke cloud was definitely the biggest criticism I heard against that movie. I personally didn’t like the scene on the balcony with his girlfriend. Very clumsy. Just didn’t work. Other than that, I really enjoyed the movie. I loved Sinestro and wished that we could have seen the sequel.

1 Like

It was ironic to me that he didn’t have much on air chemistry with a woman he would fall in love with IRL. But, really, it was just that one scene that didn’t work well between them.

1 Like

I have yet to watch it but I heard it was terrible, so I skipped it. I still would like to watch it eventually. Is it worth it?

1 Like

@meikochan897.5260
I think it’s worth it, but it’s just my opinion. I mean, if you’re a Green Lantern fan, it’s a must.

1 Like

I agree…It’s worth seeing at least once. It’s not even nearly as bad as you’ve heard.

2 Likes

Okay cool :grin: I will watch it as soon as I can

1 Like

Liked them movie so much I bought my own copy. :laughing: I think the only change I would make would be casting Ryan Reynolds as Guy Gardner instead of Hal Jordan and got someone else to star in this movie