Green Lantern HBO MAX Series

I know, Wonder Woman doesn’t get the respect of Batman and Superman. It’s really sad. Regardless, I will definitely be watching GL and I will just appreciate it that much more when I finally get a WW animated series…

5 Likes

I hope…somewhere in the series…way off in the background where no one except those who know him would recognize the good little fella…is…G’NORT.

8 Likes

Please let Atrocitus be the villain, please no parallax.

4 Likes

Well so far, she’s the only one out of the big 3 that is getting a second movie in their shared franchise.

3 Likes

But it took 75 years to get her first

5 Likes

Very true. Although there is that 70’s movie.

3 Likes

I’m worried that this show will be the beginning of the end for DCU, though. If it does die, it’ll be a sad day. I love having more comics than I could ever read at my fingertips, and the exclusives are great. I’ve been around since the begining, and seeing it evolve from “we’ll add content in October, we swear!” to what it is now, has been great. Comic books, and by extension this app helped me though some really tough times.

8 Likes

I’m concerned about the quality. Will it be like Stargirl/Arrow/Black Light8/Flash, or will it be like Watchmen (HBO)? Because it won’t be movie quality.

Because of the huge number of characters and the necessity of special effects, yet for some reason a focus on 2 green lantern origin stories on Earth and a third in space, I’m guessing this is going to be like the former and not the latter. I don’t think we’ll see this until March of 2022.

4 Likes

I read something about there being Sinestro again

7 Likes

Check out Geoff Johns entire run, especially Sinestro corps war

7 Likes

G’nort did get an appearance on the brave and the bold

4 Likes

TV pilot, not movie

3 Likes

I really hope this show gets to Atrocitus at some point. It would be awesome to see hunk in live action. Especially with Dex-Starr

8 Likes

I’m pumped for it. Can’t wait to see the events of the Sinestro Corps War, War of Light, and maybe even Blackest Night played out on the big screen. Also, hoping they would make it into a Star Wars kind of series as I know Green Lantern could have that potential with the different planets, lantern corps, and aliens. I hope they make some episodes center around the more obscure alien lanterns that would be an interesting aspect. I see so much potential in this series.

7 Likes

Simon Baz would be awesome

6 Likes

Wait. There is a new green lantern show coming out?? I don’t know much about green lantern. When I was young my dad once a month would bring me 3 issues from our local shop. He usually got me batman, Superman and spider-man. He once gave me a green lantern and it is still on of my favorite separate issues. I still though, didn’t really get into it. If any of you can give me an essentials list that would be great. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope Mogo comes out

7 Likes

I’m super excited! Is this real? Anyone got a link?

5 Likes

I’m super stoked for a high quality Lantern run backed by HBO’s clout. If done right, I feel this is a cosmic adventure more suited for a television series anyways. It’s too epic for the time slot of a feature film.

P.S. If it eventually leads to a live action appearance of Larfleeze that would be dope! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

It’s true, plus 3 other series (including an Aquaman animated series):

6 Likes