Green Lantern HBO MAX Series

Who else is excited to see a tv adaptation of the Green Lantern? I really hope to see Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kilowog and many others. Can’t wait!

29 Likes

HBO Max is doing the Green Lantern series, not the CW, but I am definitely looking forward to it. I still wish we could get a Wonder Woman animated or live action TV series as well though…

11 Likes

@MovieAddict
FIXED!

6 Likes

I’m very much looking forward to it and I’m happy that is going to be on HBO. I just want to see my man Kilowog shine!

14 Likes

The confirmed: it will have 2 Green Lanterns and Sinestro in the series. Definitely looking forward to it!!!

10 Likes

! Green_Lanterns_Vol_1_1_Textless_Variant|328x500

.Green-_Lantern-_Jessica-_Cruz-600x300

Very much looking forward to HBO Max’s take on Hal and the Lantern Legacy. Hoping that they’ll explore the storylines I’ve posted above during the series’ run.

10 Likes

I see no reason to automatically assume that this show will be Earth-centric or that it will feature the more recognizable Human Green Lanterns if it is.

5 Likes

I’m katma-tui
Kilowag
Arisia
Hal
Cruz
Top 5 green lanterns or the like. Not saying it’s even a possibility. Just stating what characters I would love to see if I could have whatever characters I wanted.

7 Likes

I truly hope to see Hal, as he is my original and favorite GL. I would like to see Jon Stewart, but I would prefer John Diggle play that role on Superman & Lois after tonight’s finale. I would absolutely LOVE to see Kyle Rayner and get a live action translation of the gay bashing comic as well. That is a story that definitely needs to come to some form of film (an animated feature with proceeds going to the Trevor Project would be the best choice).

7 Likes

Being that it’s HBO, I would like to see a live action Kilowog. Their budget would make that pretty realistic. But I also hope that if they choose to do that, they do practical effects, and not a cgi face.

7 Likes

Please let’s get a live action Guy Gardner and John Stewart that would be so dope :joy: also if Doom Patrol season 2is going to be on HBO as well as here is the Green Lantern show also going to be streaming on Dcu?

8 Likes

They haven’t given any official word, but I am hoping HBO Max and DC Universe end up sharing all the shows with each other. I would love to see the past seasons of Batwoman end up on DCU as well…

7 Likes

I’m super stoked!!! I have complete faith that whatever HBOmax does with Green Lantern will be completely beautiful and memorizing. I’m really excited to see which characters they use. I hope Kyle Rayner will be on the show he is my favorite lantern. I can’t wait to see Sinestro but I’m looking forward to seeing what other villains we will get. I’m hoping we get other Yellow Lanterns like Arkillo, Slussh, Lyssa Dark, and Kryb. I would love to witness the beginnings Atrocitus and the formation of the Red Lantern core. Getting an appearance from Larfleeze would amazing treat that would spoil us all. I think I’m just having to too much fun dreaming up what villains we will be able to see for the first time in Live action. I really cannot wait for this show!!!

9 Likes

I’m hoping Jessica Cruz is one of the two mains here. She deserves it.

11 Likes

Safest Bets would be on Hal and John at least I would think

6 Likes

I was very excited to hear that HBO was going to do a series. I’ve always thought Batman and his Bat family would make an amazing HBO series set in a dark Gotham with more detective driven plots but I was very pumped it would be the Green Lantern Corp. I haven’t spent as much time in that lore in the comics as I have Batman, so I need to begin my research. I only am familiar with the animated movies that have a Green Lantern present at this point. I have some Green Lantern story lines queued up now to lead up to Geoff Johns Green Lantern Rebirth since I’ve heard that’s a great series, but I also think I’ll do a watch through the Green Lantern Animated Series soon. I hear that’s fantastic. Any more recommendations to catch up on the Corp Lore?

7 Likes

@Gothamite.ZJN
DC Universe

4 Likes

Probably can’t get live action until WW84 comes out.

5 Likes

Kilowag’s the main reason I read anything GL related.

8 Likes

Kilowog is awesome for sure!

8 Likes