Green Lantern HBO Max Line-up Revealed!

Bummed John and Kyle aren’t here, but Kilowog and Jessica are great!

1 Like

I like the line-up they chose and I am happy to see Alan Scott is included. I am a huge Hal Jordan fan, but it will be nice to have something that doesn’t focus solely on him.

1 Like

I like how the release handily omits that Grahame-Smith was originally (albeit briefly) attached to write and direct The Flash movie back in 2015…

2 Likes

Assuming that the reason these specific Lanterns are being used is because Hal, John, and Kyle weren’t available is a mistake.

It’s entirely plausible that these specific Lanterns were expressly used by choice.

2 Likes

Is it only human Lanterns? Where are Kilowog, Tomar-Re, and Soranik Natu?

Kilowog is in it.

2 Likes

No B’DG is the best audience surrogate.

1 Like

Always thought you square the circle with Alan Scott having him read about a green lantern legend/accounts throughout history and then trying to adapt the tech seperately. Keeps both mythologies while connecting

Super stoked but a little concerned how you do such an effects heavy show on pay tv. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Sounds promising.

I don’t like Guy. The show will be a failure to me if he isn’t regularly punched in the face.

Again NO LOVE for Kyle! :joy:… I guess depending how they plan on addressing 3 of the most Prominent GL’s aren’t involved Here’s hoping for cameo’s. obvi I understand they want to focus on newer and lesser known GL’s. Alan Scott is a nice twist I wouldn’t have been so sure fit in other than a “Background Figure”

1 Like

I think Hal, John and Kyle have to be a part of it to some degree. Having Sinestro without Hal seems extremely weird. I’m very excited about this show, though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really looking forward to this series. Always loved Green Lantern(s).

1 Like

I’m so excited for Jessica!!! I’m hoping this builds to focus on many lanterns instead of focusing on one. I like Hal but agree that he has been overused.

Like @khristian012 said, hopefully this ties into a big screen movie. The lanterns have so much rich lore that would make epic movies. It could build to the big space adventure it’s meant to be.

I love the other colors and want to see them on the show. In the animated green lantern series my favorite part was getting to explore the other rings on the color spectrum.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with WB we got green lanterns show so excited BUt they forgot to tell you no hal jordan john steward no karl. such surprise I’m not fan of guy garner I wish can see Batman hit again and again garner. Well let’s see what happens

I really don’t want to get HBO Max but if they keep announcing more great shows I’ll at least have to get it for a couple months a year. Already have other streaming services that are cheaper and I’m planning on keeping DC Universe. So unless I cut out the comics I don’t have room in the budget for another ongoing streaming service.

MY fortune teller says Hal will be cloned, a nd the show will exclusively be about his 999,999,999,999,999,999 clones.

One idea I have is to wait until it finishes airing, but it for one month, and watch Green Lantern. DC Universe also puts their shows on DVD, so maybe the library will save me the trouble by getting it on DVD.

They should get Mark Strong to return. He was the only good part from the film

1 Like

Kinda sucks John, Hal, and Kyle aren’t in the show but it’s nice they’re focusing on lanterns that aren’t Hal or John, giving that Hal & John are the most represented Green Lanterns.

1 Like