Green Lantern: First Flight

First off, GREAT film. I’m a bit of a writer myself, and certain parts I saw coming. But, it’s EXACTLY what I would of done. This holds up to be, one of the better Green Lantern movies I’ve personally seen in quite some time. It’s unfortunate that, Kilowog is not voiced by the same person that I’m used to hearing. And equally goes for the same for Hal, Nathan Fillion ( apologies Captain Mal, lol ). Aside from voice actors, great story line. The airport scene is one of those that I didn’t like, because there was soooooo much potential that wasn’t explored. All in all, 8.9 out of 10. My only question to you, my fellow nerds is. Where is more animated movies, we have a lot of Batman and Superman. But, where is GL or Zatanna? Die hard D.C. man/fan, but we need more content. The Titans show, eek. That’s for a different time, help me close it out. “In brightest day, or darkest night. No evil shall escape my sight, let those who worship evils might. Beware my power, Green lantern’s light.”

1 Like

I enjoyed First Flight as well. Green Lantern also has Emerald Knights, an animated series, and various Lanterns have appeared in Justice League movies and TV shows. Hal is the GL for the animated series, New Frontier, Doom, War, and a lot of New 52 related stuff. John is the GL in the JL animated series. I think Jessica is in some of the newer stuff (I remember her in Lego form somewhere).

1 Like

Was a reason ever have as to why Emerald Knights was not a continuation of First Flight? I had forgot this until the other day when I watched F2F then started EK. I would like to see another Green Lantern movie my self. I wouldn’t mind the animated series continuing or a new series either. I would have it be about Hal and Jessica with Jessica learning how to use her ring and over coming her anxiety issues. I know somebody is gonna say it should be Simon Baz because Simon and Jessica a partners in Green Lanterns and that’s part of there story. Which I completely understand but so far I’m not not a big fan of Simon. If this changes I have no problem admitting it.