Green Lantern: Dawn of DC - Hal Jordan OF EARTH!

Nifty!

I’ve no interest in obtaining one, as I still have my Lantern corps and Flash rings from '09/'10 (as well as the Flashpoint buttons), but its cool to see that what’s old is new again, from a certain point of view.

2 Likes

I read it this morning. I cannot say I liked it, but it is only the first issue.

1 Like

Yeah, this issue set the stage and not much else. It felt very familiar, which can be both good and bad. I’m still excited to see where it goes though. I’ve liked Adams on other projects, and I read an interview by both of the writers that has me intrigued. I really like the power ring art we’ve seen so far for Hal. I didn’t like the new/different oath someone said in the backup. It just didn’t flow well to me.

2 Likes

wait, do they do stuff like this (give rings and buttons) often? I only got my local comic shop about a year and a half ago.

1 Like

Not super often in my experience. 3 or 4 times a year, I’d say? And hard to tell when they will and when they won’t.

2 Likes

3-4 times a year! I though it would be like 1 time every 5 or so years.

2 Likes

Well, let me think. HoXPoX did the seed packets in 2019, and the Legion ring for the Bendis run was also 2019. Donny Cates’s Thor run had trading cards in 2020. Three Jokers had trading cards in 2020 as well. There were nice little stickers for Trial of the Amazons in 2022. And now a Green Lantern ring in 2023. Perhaps a bit closer to 1-3 a year, but much more than just one in 5! Just gotta keep your eyes open!

3 Likes

A flawless first issue! Jeremy Adams is an incredible talent. He will be missed on The Flash, but I am sure he will kill it on Green Lantern.

4 Likes

I enjoyed the first issue. Very excited to see what comes next.

4 Likes

I read the first issue when it dropped here this Tuesday and I really liked it.

Between The Flash, this mag and Justice League: Warworld, I am rapidly becoming a big Jeremy Adams fan.

3 Likes

I get bummed out that DC waits so long to put out a new Green Lantern / GL Corps series. But I am glad it is finally here.

I really enjoyed seeing Sinestro hiding out in that bar.

Though, I was kinda bummed to see Hal was back on Earth pretty much having given up being a Green Lantern. less I read it wrong. Then to read John Stewart he was geting some R N R at home, but still was pretty much like eh I am done being a Green Lantern. An now I am like what the what.

Obviously they will be pulled back into it all, but I’d like some stability here with 2 of the 4 horsemen and if they are going to stay GLs or not and not just coming back to them when needed.

should be a fun read.

1 Like

THIS IS THE WAY!

Hooray!

4 Likes

Read today’s issue and again not good. One story is too long and dragging things out in a way that gives me bad Superman Returns vibes. The other just ends when it hets to good parts. I am waiting until I read an issue I like on here before buying another one.

1 Like

Green Lantern #2 was really fun! And I’m glad that it goes right into Knight Terrors rather than being super disconnected. Very much enjoying the way Hal is planning and trying, and how he impacts Carol and those around him. And I really enjoy Adams’ structuring devices - as Casually Comics mentions, if he told the story all in order, it would probably be a bit too straightforward, but he gets the dramatic and humor beats really well placed with the forward and back narrative.

And Xermanico just knocks it out of the park on art. Really gorgeous looking book! A very nice issue 2!

2 Likes

I read #2 this morning and my inner-Demolition Team fan enjoyed it quite a bit.

The back-up with John was also a solid read.

3 Likes

GL Knight Terrors #1 was interesting. Didn’t quite draw me in the way the first two issues did, but the midnight variant cover by Dustin Nguyen is awesome!

3 Likes

What did people think of Green Lantern #3? First issue back after the event tie-ins - I enjoyed it, but I’m kind of looking even more forward to the next issue, with SINESTRO and Barry team up!

And what cover did people get? I went for the Rose Besch cover, so it could match my Batman and Superman artist gallery! :smiley:

3 Likes

I am not buying more until I like an issue, so tell you in 1 month. Hopefully this will be the first one I like.

I really hate that he saved that gazelle from the cheetah. Cheetahs are very fragile creatures that are dying off partly due to their awful stamina.

So Hal sees one on the verge of actually getting a kill key to keeping a dying race alive, and he stops it but only after it wears itself out. That is just mean.

The Sinestro stuff was well done, but Hal being prejudiced against carnivores took me out of the issue.

That is…not a reaction I would have expected at all.

I thought issue #4 was very fun - the teamup with Barry was exciting, the confrontation with Sinestro intense, and the continuing plot develops faster and faster!

1 Like