Green Lantern: Beware My Power Trailer Revealed!

True. Never thought of it that way.

2 Likes

Yeah. imo the old art style was better. I kinda wish they just improved on it instead of taking a more ā€˜cartoonyā€™ approach. Something like Jorge Jimenez art but in animation form.

2 Likes

I actually quite like the artwork in current DC animated movies. I like the bold lines, I like the character designs (not overly stylized), and I like the hint of extra detail in the costumes. What Iā€™d like to see is even more details: the wrinkles in the costumes, subtle facial expressions, dynamic instead of static backgrounds, more fluid animationā€¦ that type of thing.

3 Likes

SO EXCITED FOR THIS!

Is that *really Jimmi Simpson as Ollie? Heā€™s going hellahusky if it is. I could more believe him as the voice of the ring, maybe?

ā€¦ also, with Sardath and Adam promised, and the ā€œwhy Johnā€™s entering the JLā€ story centering around Thanagarians and Oans being massacred, will we be getting a side of Rann-Thanagar war and hopefully some Alanna?

2 Likes

Oooh Iā€™m so excited!!! Iā€™ve missed John so much! Iā€™m also a big fan of this new animation style. I find it glorious! I also have to say Iā€™m not the biggest Lantern fan but this seems really interesting to me.

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait for this movie to come out!! I honestly think DC needs to continue to make more movies and series about the Green Lantern corps.

3 Likes

Really hyped for this movie! Always nice to see John Stewart get the Spotlight and nice to finally see another direct to video Green Lantern animated film!

Kind of sad we have to wait till August but I guess that wonā€™t be too long a wait.

2 Likes

Welcome back to the community @BatMoe! I am super excited for this movie as well. :00_lc_green_lantern:

Please donā€™t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything!

3 Likes

Thank you very. Itā€™s been a whileā€¦

2 Likes

Never too late! :hugs:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think so ā€“ everything Iā€™ve seen has said it comes out on July 26th.

4 Likes

:crescent_moon: :clock12: :clock1230: :clock1: :new_moon: :clock130: :clock2:
:clock230: :waxing_crescent_moon: :clock3: :clock330: :clock4: :first_quarter_moon: :clock430:
:clock5: :clock530: :waxing_gibbous_moon: :clock6: :clock630: :clock7: :full_moon:
:clock730: :clock8: :clock830: :waning_gibbous_moon: :clock9: :clock930: :clock10:
:last_quarter_moon: :clock1030: :clock11: :clock1130: :waning_crescent_moon: :clock12: :00_lc_green_lantern:

3 Likes

Will this also be on HBO Max?

1 Like

Eventually

1 Like

So close yet so far! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Too Me Hal Jordan Will Always Be Green Lantern Just Like Alan Scott!
After That, This New Green Lantern Movie with John Stweart Looks Pretty Good!

Green Arrow is Impressive!
Deserving His Own Animated Movie!
In My Version, Hawk Man and Green Arrow are the Leaders of the Justice League of America!

I, Canā€™t Wait too See the Movie!

2 Likes

Yeah, I am just now watching and remembered this convo. Artstyle grew on me and the animations are hella good. One of the best DC animated movies imo.

4 Likes

:grinning:

I literally just finished the movie, and then logged onto here to say how much I liked it, only too see your comment! Agreed my friend; what an epic hour & a half of space sci-fi.

WB have the whole DC Universe thing down with these animated movies. The live action movies can learn a thing or ten from them.

3 Likes

Lmao, thatā€™s crazy timing. It was super good with a lot of twists and turns. The fights were great as well.

3 Likes

It is. I had to do a double take to make sure the notification took me to this thread.

It really was. I like that they trusted the audience to understand that the Justice League has been created without having to rehash how. The hints we got in previous movies were enough. This the way to do a shared universe imo, without over complicating things.

Do you think Halā€™s death was permanent? It is a comic book movie after all and thereā€™s ways to bring him back should they choose to.

2 Likes