Green Lantern: Beware My Power Trailer Revealed!

Looks good so far! Cool that we see John get some love outside of the comics since Hal has mostly been the most prominent Lantern recently.

21 Likes

Oh, and here’s the synopsis and release date from the YouTube page:

Not sure about the cast yet. The guy playing John sounds so familiar, but I can’t place where…

8 Likes

I somehow completely missed this was coming out, so I’m very excited now. :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

Same here – I remember seeing the title announced back in last year’s Fandome, but didn’t think about it much until this. It’s nice to see this announced not far off before it’s released.

7 Likes

Yeah, the name does sound familiar, but I don’t think I really realized what it was.

6 Likes

Awesome™:+1: was wondering which lantern they’d use for it. Exited it my favorite lantern John.

4 Likes

From McFarlane Toys, to Spin Master, Mego and more, he’s been getting a lot of toy and collectible love outside of the comics as well.

The movie looks good! Its about time we got another animated GL flick.

6 Likes

Especially since First Flight was so great.

7 Likes

That, and Emerald Knights was the best GL movie of 2011.

5 Likes

I never liked Emerald Knights, but I hate segment movies. I credit that as it just not being my cup of tea.

4 Likes

Totally fine. We all like what we like.

I dig anthology movies and TV shows (especially The Twilight Zone), and Emerald Knights was no exception.

5 Likes

Trailer looks pretty cool! I’m all for John getting more of a spotlight, and it’s also great that this looks to be a sort of JL movie as well. I recognized a couple voices here, even if just vaguely, so hopefully the full cast gets released soon. Ultimately I’m just hoping this will be the kind of movie I can really get into since I haven’t quite gotten there w/ any of the movies in this new animation style

3 Likes

Oh, I am really looking forward to this!

2 Likes

This looks AMAZING!! :0_lc_green_lantern_john_stewart:

3 Likes

Looks like Aldis Hodge who plays Hawkman in Black Adam is voicing John Stewart!

5 Likes

It doesn’t actually look bad. Will it be on HBO Max?

2 Likes

In a few months.

2 Likes

These animated DC movies are great. Wish DC would give them bigger budgets.

3 Likes

I do not. Bigger budgets mean more executive meddling. Smaller budgets give the creators more freedom to do what they want.

4 Likes

Good point. I guess they don’t have to go Pixar level productions. Giving the creative teams the ability to flesh out the art and backgrounds a little bit more, along with some extra run time would go a long way in making them shine even more.

5 Likes