green lantern animated show

@dnno1 The reason they cancelled Young Justice was also low toy sales. The viewers for Young Justice skewed female, but the toys were all marketed toward male viewers. The female viewers were not buying the toys. They would have had to put a lot of money into producing a new toy line and marketing it toward the female viewers. Then they’d have to convince retailers to order their new merchandise even though their first wave of toys were not selling and were just sitting on their shelves. It’s why the Green Lantern show had a tough time because of the unsold toys from the Green Lantern live action movie. You can find it ridiculous all you want, but even creators that worked on the show have pointed to this being the primary reason it was cancelled. Sadly, I’m inclined to take their word on it over yours. It’s true that network tv does work the way you describe it, but even they do product placements or lend out their actors for sponsorships. Networks do make money from the ads, but that’s not necessarily where the budget for the shows comes from. The toy sales are a big factor for CN. The toy market is huge. The high toy sales for DC Super Hero Girls is the reason it is now going to be a tv show instead of a webseries.

It’s called DC UNIVERSE! That means Everything (good, bad and in between) should be available to stream at our convenience. Just saying.

1 Like

I never knew about this show when it was on. But it has been by and large the most requested thing I have seen on here, doesn’t seem anything else save maybe the CW shows and the DCEU movies come close to getting as many request. And as far as I know it isn’t streaming on something else.

So I 100% want DCU to add this so I can watch it if nothing else. based on reception, if there is not some licensing or the like tying this up then I think DCU should start the wheels in motion to add this to the app ASAP. Not sure about making another season, since I never saw it, but don’t see what is stopping the first season from being on here.

1 Like

The toy thing is based on hearsay. There is no real evidence that GLTAS was canceled because of toys. It was actually because of low ratings.

If you want to consider multiple reputable sources as hearsay as well as the testimony from the creators themselves as hearsay, then so be it.

This show made me a Green Lantern fan and actually made me care about Lanterns other than the ones from Earth. Before I was just indifferent to Hal Jordan as a character but that show made him my favorite. It’s similar to how the CW made Barry Allen everyone’s favorite Flash. Also Razor and Aya are the best I wish they would get adapted into the books.

3 Likes

Before I saw the series I never cared about or was remotely interested in GL. After seeing it I couldn’t stop reading and learning about GL and the other colors as well!

1 Like

Yeah, add it!

1 Like

I absolutely loved this show when it was on. Josh Keaton as Hal Jordan in my mind is the definitive on screen Green Lantern in the same way Kevin Conroy is for Batman. Such a good show!

Liked that I got to see more than two lantern corps

1 Like

I stumbled on a clip of this series a year ago and watched the entire season. I realize this was meant to tie in with the movie and that the movie did poorly, but this show could have continued on it’s own. Why is it not on the site? It got short changed when it aired, this is a chance to give a great show a second chance.

1 Like

Both sector 2814 wants Both

Hell yeah! I actually asked Josh Keaton about this when I met him at Raleigh Supercon back in June and he said there’s always a possibility!

1 Like

That would so cool especially since I never got watch it

1 Like

Coming to DCU in January. :slight_smile:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/dc-universe-limited-50-membership-discount-and-additions-to-streaming-library-among-latest-incentives/

3 Likes

It’s officially coming in January 2019!

1 Like

Finally! January 2019!!!

2 Likes

If this show is added on, I will watch all of it as soon as possible bc I never got to see the entire thing and only saw as many clips of it as I could and already loved the show

1 Like

This is one of the best animated series DC has ever had. I really wish they would keep it going!!!

2 Likes

I know this is beating a dead horse, but we sooo need a season 2! I would love to see Razer as a Blue Lantern!

7 Likes