Green Lantern (2011) Watch along Tues, May 26 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST

In Brightest Day and in Blackest night…
For 80 years Green Lanterns has fought to protect our galaxy, and what great way to celebrate 80 years of our favorite Green Hero, by having watch along of his film! It may have not been a greatest film, but it’s still a good movie in my opinion.
So this Tuesday on May 26, please join me for the Green Lantern (2011) watch along. :gl_hv_5:
So here’s how this work, while this movie is (sadly) not on DC Universe, If you have this movie on DVD, Blu-ray or on a streaming service with no commercials, put that on, and use your phone, computer or tablet to chat on this thread about the movie. We’ll start the film at 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST. :grinning::popcorn::desktop_computer:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this film, but I’ll be working. Hope you have a great turnout though!!!

1 Like

You know what? I’ve never seen it, so why not? …am I allowed to be snarky though?

2 Likes

Can’t speak for this watch along, but we welcome snarky on the Late Night Watch Alongs.

1 Like

Then I’m in.

2 Likes

Late night watch along starts with Human Target episode 1 tonight at 12:30am Eastern, hopefully you can make it and this GL watch along!!!

1 Like

Sadly, I’m doing a Pokemon Let’s Play tonight, but have fun!

2 Likes

Every Saturday if you want to join us anytime…

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder that Green Lantern movie watch along is tonight at 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST. :slightly_smiling_face: 7 more hours from now.

1 Like

We are less then a hour away til the Green Lantern movie watch along! :grinning:

I have always loved this movie! :gl_hv_1:

1 Like

The film’s on HBO if anyone’s using streaming.

3 Likes

I haven’t actually seen this movie yet - now seems like as good a time as any to watch it!

2 Likes

If I may posit a theory as to one of the reasons why the mainstream audience had a negative reaction to this movie, I know of a guy online who’s first reaction to hearing Ryan Reynolds was playing Green Lantern was (roughly) “…and he’s gonna play Kyle Rayner or Guy Gardner, right? No! You’re gonna make him play Hal Jordan!?” Whether Geoff Johns likes it or not, most non comic fans who only know DC Comics through TV and movies see Green Lantern as a black guy because John Stewart was on the Justice League cartoon. So a lot of people were like “…wait, why are they white washing Green Lantern?”

That’s just one idea.

2 Likes

We are 10 minutes away!:grinning:

I think that a lot of people also did not like the movie because it is more message based. There are not many major fight scenes and the fight scenes that are in the movie are not very violent or “strong”. The movie teaches what it means to be a Green Lantern. In my opinion, the most important part of any superhero movie is the message/lesson that it provides. The inspiration. That’s why I really like Green Lantern!

4 Likes

2 more minutes to go!:grinning: Hope you’re all ready…

2 Likes

On your mark…get set…GO! :gl_hv_1:

2 Likes

Classic DC intro.

1 Like

…Parallax?

1 Like