Great Batman storylines?

I’m becoming more of a Batman fan right now and I wanted some good stories that were a bit more in depth than the basic stories that everyone recommends (The Dark Knight Returns, Killing Joke, The New 52 Run, Under the Hood, etc.), so feel free to recommend some stuff!

1 Like

I think Hush is a great place to start and my personal favorite Batman story.

5 Likes

Batman Eternal

I second Hush and also recommend the No Man’s Land and War Games crossovers along with The Black Mirror.

4 Likes

The Cult by Jim Starlin is phenomenal. Year 3. (**PLEASE RELEASE IN TPB FORM), Dark Knight, Dark City (Great Riddler involvement), War Games and finally Europa. Oh and Batman & son followed by Resurrection of Ra’s Al Ghul.

Batman Hush and Knightfall are amazing story lines.

1 Like

They’re a bit old school but Steve Englehart and Marshall Rogers’ run on Detective Comics (1937) issues 471-476 is essential reading that heavily informed BTAS and set Deadshot on the path from a forgotten golden age villain to his current A-List status.

5 Likes

Some of my personal favorites were Hush, Death in the Family, Under the Red Hood, Nightfall, and the whole Court of Owls series.

3 Likes

Hush and The Long Halloween are must reads

5 Likes

Batman year one, Hush and dark knight returns and I’ll admit it the last crusade is underrated

2 Likes

Batman Earth One vol 1 & 2 are great reads. Year One, the man who laughs,Long Halloween, Dark Victory( if you just read Long Halloween wait a bit) court of the owls just to name few lol

3 Likes

Hush
The Long Halloween
Knightfall
Court of Owls
No Mans Land
Son of the Demon
Year One
Year Three
In Darkest Knight
Monster Men
Tower of Babel
Gotham by Gaslight

4 Likes

The Denny O’Neil/Neal Adams stuff from the 70s, the Jim Starlin/Jim Aparo run and the Alan Grant/Norm Breyfogle run from the 80s, all of the Grant Morrison stuff, like Batman: R.I.P., Batman and Robin, Batman Incorporated, etc. Definitely Hush. Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason’s Batman and Robin series is great, as well.

5 Likes

I just finished Batman the White Knight. Amazing story

4 Likes

Batman legends of the dark knight was so good I read all 103 issues in 4 days

5 Likes

Batman & the outsiders also, get u prepped for YJ3 season 3 & it’s great.

2 Likes

In my humble opinion always start with Batman: Year One by Miller and Mazzucchelli. From there seek out any all of O’Neill and Adams’ work, Haney and Aparo’s “Brave and the Bold” offerings, and Dixon and Nolan’s fantastic run in the '90s. Also, check out Batman: A Death in the Family, The Long Halloween, Bat-Murderer (by Wein and Aparo), and the works of Mike Barr and Alan Davis, Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle, Frank Robbins and Bob Brown, and Gardner Fox/John Broome and Carmine Infantino (Silver Age stuff). And of course, always top it off with Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns. That should keep you busy–and entertained–for a while.

2 Likes

Idk you meant off site my bad. I thought u meant on here. But the ones on here that people mentioned are great trust me

I have to say Heart of hush and war games

1 Like

Batman Eternal, Zero Year. The entire New 52 and Rebirth through dark metal, in order.

1 Like