Grant's Green Lantern

Ok everybody so we all know the great grant morrison has been on gl for awhile now but as issue 2 for season 2 comes out today I was curious to know opinions for season 1 and the 3 issue blackstar series as well. Finally should grant get more than these two seasons or after the second should gl be taken over by someone else and who?

1 Like

Before I start, I’m definitely a Morrison fan and I enjoy everything he writes. Want it to be clear I’m pretty biased, lol.

I think his take on Green Lantern has been great. I thought each issue of the first season was a good story. The one with the cowboy was a wonderful bit of storytelling. And there was Hal Jordan facing off against God. That was great.

The blackstars twist got me, I didn’t expect the way that they worked it out at the end. And I’ve only read the first issue of season 2, and I’m looking forward to seeing Morrison tackle Jordan at home. (That’s a wild sentence now that I read it back, but I’m leaving it)

As I said before, I read everything he writes, so I would be ecstatic if he got to do a season 3.

1 Like

Very very true and I’m like you I’m a morrison disciple and I think his take on hal has been absolutely amazing I hope he keeps going issue 7 of the first season is my favorite individual comic of all time so very very much excited to see where season two goes if you had to pick a person to write green lantern following grant who would it be

1 Like

I’m a relative novice in regards to the large world of comic artists out there, but I’m also a fan of Jeff Lemire’s writing. His New 52 Animal Man is dope, as is the Black Label title he did, Killer Smile. I think he could have a different take on GL that’d be interesting.

1 Like

That’s a phenomenal choice personally I’d like to see steve Orlando do it he just did the 12 issue Martian manhunter series which was incredible and I think he could nail it as well who would you like to see be the primary green lantern after grant I really hope john stewart gets the lead but one can hope

I like Morrison. But his GL run is terrible so far. It’s pretty out there as far as regular GL stories go. I would love a more normal GL story. But I’m still going to give it a chance.

1 Like

It is a very out there and grant isn’t for everyone I wont lie I love his take but if I’m honest it’s a hal jordan book and not really a corps book I grew up on Geoff’s run on gl and that was monumental so I’m spoiled when It comes to gl who would you like to see take over after grant

1 Like

Yeah, I am too. Geoff Johns was my first interaction with GL.

What’s your favorite arc from that run if you dont mind me asking

I like the War of Light and Blackest Night was when I first really started to explore GL history.

1 Like

Grant Morrison is my favorite writer, so I’m a tad biased myself. It’s not among my favorite Morrison books, but I’m still enjoying it. I second Lemire writing, or maybe Jonathan Hickman.

1 Like

Oh god Hickman would be amazing thank you for contributing who would you have drae that although I have a tough time imagining liam sharp not drawing the book

I have to say that sinestro corps war is my favorite but rebirth was my first so a very special place for that six issue series for me. Did I ask you who your favorite lantern is by chance

2 Likes

I’d like to see Lee Bermejo on the book, or Simone Bianchi.

2 Likes

As amazing as lee would be we would get an issue every 8 months lol but that’s the man right there what about doc shaner

1 Like

It’s Hal. It will always be Hal out of the main humans. But I really love Kilowag.

3 Likes

POOZERS! ah your in that dc writers stream right

2 Likes

Yep.

1 Like

What do you think about killawog taking over the red lanterns

2 Likes

Kilowag is more orderly than the Red Lanterns and it wouldn’t seem right. He’s more of a drill sergeant.

2 Likes