Grant Morrison’s The Green Lantern

So very weird, so very Morrison - I really dug The Green Lantern #1. Liam Sharp’s art is amazing (very Bernie Wrightson) the story is bizarre (currently re-reading GM’s Doom Patrol, which compared to that, GL is pretty mellow) & very 70s sci-fi. I haven’t read GL since Blackest Night - this was way different but fun. Wonder what other folks thought?

3 Likes

I liked it alot. Eager for more.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it. I thought Floozle Flem, the virus Lantern, was great.

Coming from Venditti’s Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corp into Morrison’s book felt clumsy, but it also makes it a good jumping on point for new readers. No need to go back and read the 50 preceding issues.

I’m looking forward to issue 2.

2 Likes

Remember…Floozle Flem catches you.

6 Likes

I’m not sure what to think about it at this point. The first half of it was typical of the sort of nonsensical stuff I associate with Grant Morrison. He’s written things that I like and others that I did not. I’ll try to give it a few issues before I make up my mind to keep it on my pull list or not. I found the art to be interesting looking at least.

1 Like

Very solid issue, looking forward to seeing where he goes.

2 Likes

Rarely disappointed with Grant Morrison, I thought it was excellent excited to see where it can grow.