Grant Morrison & Ezra Miller

Ezra Miller has decided to work on his own script for the Flash movie. Given his comments about the multiverse during his press tour for Fantastic Beast 2 and the fact Grant Morrison is working with him I am very excited to see what he has to offer. I hope the script is accepted and this movie starts production soon. It is really nice to see how invested in the role he is.

4 Likes

Nifty news!

Grant Morrison had an interesting run on The Flash. I think The Human Race arc could translate well to a movie.

4 Likes

I really like most of the Grant Morrison stuff I have read. Haven’t checked out his Flash run though but will definitely seek it out.

1 Like

His Flash run is fairly standard stuff. Nothing weird or out there that I recall, although it’s been a long time since I read it in full. Still very entertaining however.

1 Like

I’m torn between my love of Morrison and my revulsion of Miller talking about their script being “dark.” I really wish Lee and Miller had done it. (DC probably do, too.)

2 Likes

Ezra Miller :-1: I don’t care if Carmine Infantino returned from the grave for the lone reason to work with miller. The kids a weirdo and a horrible choice for any of the flashes. Also, love Morrison but Geoff Johns should be scripting the flash flick. No thanks.

1 Like

I cant knock the directors though. They directed Spiderman Homecoming which was great!

Yeah homecoming was great. But 1985 Spielberg could be the director and id still feel the same. Anyway I’m gonna stop being the Debbie Downer for this topic. I’m glad y’all are excited and I do hope the movie is a blockbuster . But I’ll be sitting it out. It’s just not for me.

They wrote the first draft of Homecoming they didn’t direct it. They did direct Game Night which was really good and the Vacation reboot which was fine. I don’t think a Flash movie needs to be “dark” but also doesn’t need to a just be a comedy. I think finding the right tone of camp and heart will make The Flash one of the best DC flicks.

2 Likes

I rather see the Daley/Goldstein script. If Miller doesn’t want to do it, get someone else. Him wanting to rewrite stuff he doesn’t like reminds me of the Edward Norton situation with the Hulk and we all know how that turned out.

If the rumors are true, Miller presumably wants to return to the original Flashpoint plans for the movie. Although I like that story, at this point I don’t think it would work as a movie. For one thing, part of the appeal of Flashpoint was turning the established canon upside down. Since the DCEU didn’t turn out as expected, there is nothing really established right now. Also, WB Pictures is supposedly only focusing on standalone hero movies right now which means you wouldn’t be able to properly tell the story.

1 Like

Ezra in my opinion is not good for the Flash role

Not sure I trust him writing the film and being involved more beyond acting in it. Don’t know if his character and performance in JL was more him or more Zack Snyder/Whedon

1 Like

Apparently he wants to go against the light and fun tone the studio wants to make for the movie- the one that’s apparently been working for them with Aquaman and Shazam!. I get it, he’s a Snyder Loyalist, but WB/DC move away from dark/grit for a reason, it wasn’t working. The Flash is not inherently a dark character. He certainly can be, but that doesn’t mean he SHOULD be.

1 Like

Aquaman was fantastic (other than the dialogue). The tone of the film was already locked before Snyder left and he was still involved as a producer. Shazam should be a lighter tone. I really hope the new Batman film isn’t campy, love Adam West but Batman is a character that deserves a darker tone. The Flash doesn’t need to be some dark broody flick but I also don’t want it to be Ryan Reynold’s Green Lantern. Barry Allen Flash was never the comic relief comic. If they are doing Thawne as the villain then I hope it rest somewhere between The Dark Knight and Aquaman in tone. I think Thawne should be the first solo villain with maybe a tease of Captain Cold.

1 Like

With the history of trying to get this movie off the ground, I predict this version will never see light. I doubt we will see another big screen Flash for at least 5 years.

1 Like

i want the Flash to have the same feel as “Back to the Future” in many ways but than I want it to have a “Looper” feel. This is why I though Rick Famiyuwa was PERFECT for this film. His movie “Dope” captures the perfect feel for a Flash movie I just want them to take the story seriously and actually have something of note worth saying. If the "Doom Patrol " pilot is anything to go by, Grant Morrison and Ezra Millar with the help of the Spiderman Homecoming guys should be good.

I love it grant Morrison is a dam good writer . I dnt want a kiddie homecoming script. Ezra has passion for the project.

3 Likes

“Pet Cemetery.”

It’s totally a good thing that Ezra Miller’s script is reportedly more serious and less comedic & lighthearted.

WB seems desperate to have The Flash movie be their own imitation of Spider-Man Homecoming, but I’d much rather see a badass Flashpoint-style movie.

3 Likes

While I do like Morrison, he’s not a screen writer. Comic book medium must be written differently than a screen play.

We don’t even know if Erza has experience writing a movie.