Gotham Knights TV Series Announcement... Thoughts?

So just recently Warner Bros. and the CW announced that the Gotham Knights video game that is not even released yet is getting a show with the same title, but not the same story. The show will be written by the creators of Batwoman and will not be adapted from the game, but both have a similar starting point involving Batman’s death. “Yeah, Batwoman”. That already sounds some alarms. However, the show will not be directly connected to the Batwoman series but is part of the Arrowverse with the likes of Stargirl, Superman & Lois, Legends of Tomorrow & The Flash. I want to know what you all think of this recent announcement. You excited, you’re dreading it, or just waiting to see what happens. :00_batman_1989:

7 Likes

So despite the name, this isn’t actually an adaption of the game, though they do both take place after Batman’s death

7 Likes

Adaptation was the wrong word lol, thx

4 Likes

So… It’s maybe about a Rebellious Robin teaming with Duela-like characters to clear their names and eventually become heroes? Eh. The description doesn’t strike me, but I’ll reserve judgement until I see more. Off the brief description, it kind of has Disney Descendents vibes (although I don’t actually watch that, so maybe not…).

Edit: I am super excited for the game though!

6 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely the game. Though I don’t have a gaming console :laughing:

4 Likes

Seems like they are already mining the hell out of “this is so close to being a Batman show” on Batwoman. What stories are they going to tell that they aren’t already telling in season 3 of Batwoman? And the HBO Max Gotham PD show is different than this show? If it is just a show about characters suffering relationship angst, maybe the amount of overlap with other shows doesn’t really matter. They could title it “Friends of friends of Batman”

5 Likes

I’m wondering what people were thinking in killing Batman

5 Likes

The CW seems to have been avoiding him forever now. Either he’s run off and disappeared or dead. So this doesn’t really surprise me. I think they’re scared of ruining Batman, or maybe they’re saving him for when this whole Arrowverse thing ends.

6 Likes

I mean disappeared is fine, have the show about finding him

6 Likes

How much time do I have to respond to this?

3 Likes

Welcome back @ROMANLEGION! As much time as you need/want :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll make it as simple and easy possible. It will either be spectacularly good, or spectacularly bad. And the thing is, Gotham Knights has so much potential to be great. Guess we’ll just have to see what happens.

5 Likes

Stoked, i hate to say this but I’m in great need of a batman break so even doing the Bat Family is different enough that i’m excited. DC is my favorite serial IP but i’m very bored of Batman (though i’ll admit i’m looking forward to THE BATMAN)

5 Likes

Gotta admit I was starting to doubt this show would get off the ground after 3 DC cancellations, but we now know it’s officially going to series!

5 Likes

Cool to see it picked up. Hopefully some great Batfamily TV.

3 Likes

I’ll be there for Steph, Duella, and Carrie K. Misha Collins as Harvey is intriguing as well. :+1:

4 Likes

Interesting that 40% of the comments right now are just about Stargirl, in contrast to only 10% about me.

4 Likes

I give it 2 seasons before it gets cancalled

5 Likes

Im interested in the idea and im excited to see Steph and Misha as Dent. But whst i don’t like is that it is supposed to be about Bruce’s adopted son and they are making a new character instead of an established character from the comics. I feel like it will be harder to get people invested in him/the show.

7 Likes

Yeah, they botched that part fast

4 Likes