GOTHAM GIRLS: The WAL and Book Club Crossover Event! FRIDAY, July 5 @ 6pm PT/9pm ET

Calling all the wonderful :harleys_crew: Harley’s Crew peeps and :00_birds_of_prey: Bird Watchers for this special crossover event this July! :boom:

There is an often-overlooked series of web shorts that our favorite intrepid ladies starred in and we’re finally diving into the whole thing! Gotham Girls! :boom: This was an interactive Flash-animated online cartoon series, which appeared in ye olden days of the early 2000s for three seasons and really hasn’t been seen since, save for an appearance as an extra on the Birds of Prey TV show DVD (without the interactivity).

Thankfully, the entire series (running about an hour and a half) is available on YouTube, and we’ll watch that for our WAL portion of the festivities, on Friday, July 5th at 6/9 PM.

But wait, there’s more! :face_with_monocle: :point_up:

DC also published a fun five-issue mini that we’d like to peruse as well (or check out the collected edition if you’re got :yellow_square: Ultra):

We will use the above YouTube playlist for our WAL :tv::

• FRIDAY, July 5, 2024 at 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Be ready to hit PLAY at the moment of truth and if you get lost, we got you—just ask and we’ll get you on track. :hugs:

:boom: This activity will be running ALL month long!

:boom: Reading begins: July 1, 2024 (ends August 5, 2024 :pensive:)

:boom: Discussion begins: As soon as you‘re ready! Did you enjoy it? Have you read it before? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Anything at all about the reading you’d like to discuss—drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :purple_heart: See ya soon!

:hugs: Contact @Razzzcat or @Mae below if you have any questions.

10 Likes

Woohooo. Can’t wait to see those. They look so cute.

7 Likes

Yeah, always been meaning to watch this series and read the mini, but never quite gotten around to it. Seems like the perfect time!

7 Likes

:raised_hands: This is awesome!

6 Likes

:hugs:

5 Likes

:smiley: Love Gotham Girls when it first came out, I even got the Birds Of Prey on DVD because of it, well I did like the main series as well.
Since the webisode was in season 2, I started watching it. I remember you get to interact in each episodes as well.
Season 3 was really good when it’s about…

4 Likes
3 Likes

I’m glad this isn’t in the lounge. I haven’t been active enough lately. I think Imma lose access soon

3 Likes

I doubt it. There’s only a month left before this goes to read-only; they’ll probably be more lenient

4 Likes

Come join us this Friday for some fireworks! :partying_face: :fireworks: :boom:

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

5 Likes

BG! BG! BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::purple_heart::00_batgirl1:

3 Likes

e4e908f68e2a31967f7bd8d2653b0235
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1: :smiley:

4 Likes

5 Likes

I’ll be here

4 Likes

I’m gonna try to make it. Everything’s a bit hectic over here, but I’ll definitely try to make time

4 Likes

I ordered pizza :pizza:

3 Likes

What kind and hopefully no pineapple :eyes:

2 Likes

See ya’ tonight!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

4 Likes

:hugs::purple_heart:

2 Likes