Gotham Gazette: When Robins Go Wrong

There’s something familiar about “No More Teachers,” the first arc of Ed Brisson and John Timms’ Batman Incorporated. A mysterious figure has begun murdering a string of mercenaries. As Ghost-Maker investigates, he slowly realizes that this killer is targeting him personally. The murderer reveals themselves as Phantom-One, a vigilante who was once Ghost-Maker’s teenage sidekick. Ghost-Maker assumed that Phantom-One had been killed in action years ago. For his part, Phantom-One is angry that Ghost-Maker didn’t avenge his death and isn’t thrilled that there’s a new sidekick, Clownhunter, in the picture.

Does any of that sound familiar to you? In some ways, “No More Teachers” follows the same path as Batman: Under the Red Hood, the groundbreaking Batman story that brought back Jason Todd. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting that one story copies another. In fact, while both stories share some interesting similarities, the key differences they share are what makes “No More Teachers” interesting. Since Batman Incorporated follows a global franchise of Batmen, it only makes sense that some of these vigilantes would have their own franchisee versions of the Dark Knight’s most famous stories, including Under the Red Hood.

To read the rest of the Gotham Gazette, head on over to DC Comics!

Have you checked out Batman: Incorporated #5 yet? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

3 Likes

As you command.

5 Likes

I have checked it out - it’s a really strong and surprising series. I hope others find it and enjoy it as much as I have!

4 Likes

I actually like this series. It’s fun and Ghostmaker is a interesting Batman substitute. While not a killer, he’s still a psychopath and I love his pragmatic rational on things.

1 Like

Ghostmaker is definitely a killer.

2 Likes

Your right I’m meant to say anymore. :smile:

1 Like

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. :slight_smile:

2 Likes