Gotham Discussion Thread

I’m guessing you just mean smart with a good sense of humor then?

4 Likes

They def got this right tho. :smiley:

Baby BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Kiddo BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

8 Likes

Yeah, the way they went with Poison Ivy was atrocious, aging her up then literally making her into another person, oofah!

5 Likes

I miss this show. The first season was fun, and the second season was giving me more, but once they introduced Hugo Strange, I was hooked! A friend of mine worked for the company that did the casting for the show and I was able to go to the season 4 wrap party. I got to meet the actors who played Professor Pig, Mr. Freeze, Barbara Keene, one of the upcoming League assassins, and Ra’s Al Ghul. Lots of people were there, but I only talked to people I was introduced to–because it’s gotta be weird to be partying and enjoying the fruits of your labor without having someone you don’t know coming up to you to say they like the show.

I know most of the internet didn’t like the finale because they thought the final shot of Batman was goofy, but you got the sense most of them didn’t watch the finale or the show. Personally, I loved the episode. Seeing where everyone is in ten years and getting a taste of what this world would’ve looked like with Batman’s debut was fun! It was kind of like the pilot for a future show we’ll never get to see, but who’s adventures continue.

6 Likes

The way they went seems like they were too scared of another Schumacher ivy with Uma, but ruined the character in new ways

5 Likes

B.D. Wong was fantastic as Hugo S.! He should be go to casting in any and all iterations of the character. :+1:

6 Likes

Defensible point. :+1:

5 Likes

What does that mean?

4 Likes

Spoilers spoilers spoilers:

The show definitely took every opportunity to throw its viewers for a loop. Isabella was obviously there to drive a wedge between Nygmobblepot and create drama. However, in the context of the show, I think she was VERY suspicious. In a world where the Court of Owls cloned Bruce Wayne… and then basically Kristen Kringle version 2 shows up. I hazard to say the Bruce Wayne clone thing was a bit of a plot hole (because he never showed up again after he left) but it opened the door to the possibility that there were more clones. There was something strange going on there.

But in illustrating the lengths that Ed & Oswald will go to achieve their various goals, Isabella was a great vehicle for that. I will say that I wanted Ed & Os to be happy and I hated that the show never could let its characters just ride off into the sunset together, lol. The show makes drama so that we’ll watch. But these are also villains, and I enjoyed that aspect. Oswald isn’t a nice guy, even when he’s in love. He learned, though. There was character development :muscle: I like that they sort of made up in the end.

5 Likes

It means kind of what it sounds like.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Eh?

4 Likes
It's because

even though Gotham technically had LGBT characters, none of these characters actually ended up together. Like yeah we know from season one that Barbara Kean also likes women in addition to men, but she doesn’t end up with one. Then of course there’s Penguin and Ed, who only stay as close friends.

6 Likes

The past many months of me not shutting up about Gotham led to my father starting the show, and I just saw him for the first time in a week and he hadn’t started it last time I saw him and in just one week he’s already on season three. He had just finished How The Riddler Got His Name (Drug Induced Amy Winehouse Love Ballad Hallucination Scene Episode.) It kind of amazes me how much he watched in one week considering he has a job (I think, that man gets fired so much I can never keep track if he’s employed) a toddler and several preteens he has to take care of but anyways he did and so I got to scream about Gotham to him for a whole hour tonight. From what I can tell Ed is the character he has most interest in and he dislikes Barbara the most (dw I yelled at him about how amazing and killer she is and that he’s not allowed to insult My Wife like that.) I suspect he’ll finish the show in the next week and a half and I’ll for sure complain on here when he has bad opinions.

5 Likes

Lmfao nothing like family bonding :rofl:

4 Likes

my dad has horrible opinions so he may have started the show in attempt to get closer to his insane teenager who doesn’t like him all that much but he’s just giving me more reasons to get upset with him lmao

4 Likes

lmfao

4 Likes

You mean queer baiting?

3 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Well… yes and no. Some people argue that it’s not baiting due to the context from the story. Just like how in real life it’s possible to like or have feelings for a person but they may not be mutual. Some point out that it’s realistic for Oz to have feelings for Ed and they’re not returned in that way, while some say it is baiting simply because the show leans in and takes it away before anything can happen. It really depends on if it is/isn’t depending on which angle you focus on.

Traditionally though, queer baiting is when a character comes off as gay but it’s never truly confirmed, because traditionally queer characters used to be a big no-no. Gotham has LGBT characters but they aren’t shown off in a cartoonish and stereotypical way. Gotham focuses on the feelings aspect with all of it’s relationships, but you’ll notice that no one in the show is ever persecuted for being gay, at least in the story.

4 Likes