Gotham City's Got A New Bad Girl...And We're Kinda In Love!

The Batman team of writer James Tynion IV and Jorge Jimenez blew the roof off of Gotham City in 2020, with a combination of spellbinding storytelling and unforgettable art. This collaboration resulted in instant classics like Batman: Their Dark Designs and Batman:The Joker War . The pair also introduced new and unforgettable characters to the Bat-mythos, such as The Designer, Punchline, Clownhunter and Ghost-Maker.

On May 4, Tynion and Jimenez are at it again, introducing a brand new villain, Miracle Molly, in the pages of Batman #108.

Check out these first images below and for the full story, head over to the DC Blog!

And check out these sneak peeks from Legend of the Ghost Maker Part II!

Are you excited to meet Gotham’s newest villain, Miracle Molly? Tell us what you think in the comments below! :point_down:

27 Likes

first

lol

8 Likes

I absolutely LOVE her look :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

That is an interesting outfit.

7 Likes

She’s really cool looking!

9 Likes

Wow, that is a LOOK. After reading more details in the blog, I’m more curious to see what her story is.

I’m not sure how successful all these new villains Tynion is making will be, but I do admire the attempt to really inject some fresh ideas to the universe.

8 Likes

Yeah…

From James Tynion IV:

She is a member of a new gang in Gotham that calls itself the Unsanity Collective, and they are going to be huge players in 2020 and 2021. And she’s going to be right at the heart of all of it. I wrote up a whole thing for the internal Gotham team earlier this year, in which I broke down the emotional heart of “THE COWARDLY LOT”, and the whole story is pinned on two arguments about the nature of fear and memory… One argument comes from Scarecrow, and the other comes from HER.

Her name is Miracle Molly. She’s on the cover of Batman #108, which will be her first FULL appearance, and the issue that I think will make you all fall as madly in love with her as Jorge and I are. Jorge did the above as a color guide. This is just your first glimpse of her… There’s going to be a lot more to come. That Batman 108 cover is going to be coming your way with the next round of solicits, along with some craaazy variant covers featuring her.

The Unsanity Collective are a high tech gang of thieves who use technology to erase and reset their memories, so they can let go of all the fear and trauma holding themselves back. Miracle Molly builds all of their hardware. She’s unlike any of the other characters I’ve written in and around Gotham, and I f*cking LOVE her. So I hope you love reading about her, too…

9 Likes

…Okay, yeah, Tynion’s description makes her sound even more interesting. It’s like a superhero version of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Sounds like it could make for some great stories – makes one wonder if maybe Batman will be tempted to use this machine…

8 Likes

I LOVE this characters look, just sayin.

8 Likes

Batman always has the best villains.

And all of the variations that you can do off of the Joker. It works every time, for me at least.

If the Batman and Joker were real, there would totally be Joker gangs.

And there would be a Miracle Molly, and she’d probably be on Instagram and TikTok and everything else.

Going undercover to learn more about the sudden appearance of the transhumanist Unsanity Collective, Batman meets Miracle Molly, the Collective’s second-in-command and a full-blown engineering genius that can repair any kind of tech.

9 Likes

Molly wouldn’t feel out of place in Season 3 of the Harley Quinn animated show, just saying.

6 Likes

What I’m hearing is, BBH will be cosplaying Miracle Molly. :eyes:

6 Likes

:joy: Never know!! :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

tenor-1

5 Likes

Sounds awesome™:+1:.
Really interesting in her story and how it will connect with Scarecrow (a favorite of mine also his new look is great).

6 Likes

Reminding me of villains from Batgirl’s Burnside run.

3 Likes

I just hope this ends up with Miracle Molly designing a new costume for Batman.

7 Likes

Batman’s gonna get that D R I P in 2021!

5 Likes

Character seems pretty cool and unique so far, but I can’t help but wonder how many more new characters Tynion could possibly crank out before the end of his run. Not that I’m complaining, but he’s really changing things up!

4 Likes

Yeah, it does kind of feel like Tynion’s trying to catch lightning in a bottle again with Punchline every couple of issues. I’m not done with Clownhunter yet!

4 Likes