Gotham City Sirens Movie Cancelled

@Harley’s Pudding, I dont think there is a official cancellation as there was no official announcement that it was moving forward in the first place. There was a bilunch of articles about Margot Robbie pitching a “Harley Girl-gang movie” successfully, followed by reports of developing scripts for Harley and GCS was one of them, but it was never officially “green-lit” so it isnt officially “canceled”. Putting Harley in BoP=Harleys girl-gang movie, because it sure isnt Birds of Prey. My theory: Poison Ivy and Catwoman are too risky to race-swap, at least less than Canary and Huntress. The only criteria set for the “girl-gang” movie was “ethnically diverse and all women” met to the detriment of the source material and fanbase.
Also, Catwoman could be in development for Batman movies as well as Ivy, and Ivy is a strong candidate for a Suicide Squad villian.

4 Likes

Thank you, @zombedy.57429! I am keeping my fingers crossed that this happens. I need this Joker/Harley project to be Mad Love and Harley to go on to Gotham City Sirens (fingers crossed). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

^Yeah, I’m trying not to be pessimistic about it all. It could all turnout great! Just a little disheartening that Babs is replaced by Harley. Those characters are complete opposites if you ask me. If they just called this like “Rumble in Gotham” or “Harley’s night out” or something that isnt Birds of Prey or Gotham City Sirens, I wouldn’t feel so left-stranded-in-the-rain as a fan.

2 Likes

After delivering Suicide Squad to audiences last year as the third installment of the DC Extended Universe, director David Ayer decided to turn his attention to Gotham City Sirens, which will see Harley Quinn teaming up with Poison Ivy and Catwoman like she did in the comic book series of the same name. Updates on this spinoff have been few and far between, but following the report earlier this week that Warner Bros is moving forward with a Joker and Harley Quinn movie, it’s been rumored that the clownish couple’s cinematic adventure is replacing Gotham City Sirens. Well, it turns out that may not be the case, as Gotham City Sirens allegedly remains a priority for Warner Bros and DC.

For those keeping track at home, this now means, if you take this source at his or her word, that The Joker and Harley Quinn both have reportedly three appearances coming up in the DCEU. First there’s this Mad Love-sounding Joker/Harley movie, and then there’s Gotham City Sirens, which will primarily focus on Harley getting into shenanigans with Poison Ivy and Catwoman, but will involve Joker in some capacity. In addition, the two villains are expected to appear in Suicide Squad 2, which isn’t terribly surprising given that they both made their DCEU debut in the first movie and that Harley has been tightly connected with the team in the comics since the start of the New 52. That said, Suicide Squad ended with Joker breaking Harley out of Belle Reve, so it will be interesting to see how these two become intertwined with Task Force X again.

Rest of article below

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5267557a514c4966363848625f513d3d2d3437303330323232352e313465393035353739656239373864393132373538343339343533372e676966.gif

There is a Mad Love movie coming out, the writers are finishing a script. They want it to open with Harley kidnapping Dr.Phil to help her and J lmao. I cannot wait to see this happen. Rumors of Megan Fox being Ivy breaks my heart, I don’t see her doing it very well in Gotham City Sirens. Robbie has already said she signed either a 7 movie or a 7 year contract I can’t remember which but it promises that Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey and the unnamed Joker and Harley movie are the only things we will see her in.

1 Like

That makes me sad, we need a little harl in our lives, Yes Sir

1 Like

Wow, this makes me sad. Are there any updates on this? I can not seem to find a source confirming this. I heard about Mad Love and will be tuning in, will anyone else be watching? Let me know!

3 Likes

The news you’re referencing is over a year old. At this point the Birds of Prey/Gotham City Sirens movie is still going forward, it’s just being retooled to adjust to James Gunn taking over Suicide Squad because all these DC movies are a huge production mess.

1 Like

Over a year ago, GCS, BoP, Mad Love, and SS2 were all confirmed to be in development. Since then, the only 2 to be green-lit for production are Suicide Squad 2 directed by James Gunn, and Birds of Prey directed by Cathy Yan. “In development” is completely different than “in production”. Beetlejuice 2, Bill and Ted 3-in development. WW 2, Flash-in production. Usually, official announcements are accompanied with a director and while David Ayer is attached to GCS, Birds of Prey being put into production basically rules out GCS. If I had to guess, they want to use Catwoman and Ivy for other projects (Reeves Batman).
Look at it this way, if they really wanted to do GCS they could have easily just put Ivy and Catwoman in to BoP and corrected its name. If they wanted to do Birds of Prey right, they swap Harley out for Babs. The only thing they know for sure is they want this “R rated girl-gang” movie. If Gavin O’conner’s script for Suicide Squad 2 was rejected for being too similar to BoP, then I dont think Sirens is coming, pretty damn similar. Basically, they would rather risk Huntress and Black Canary failing as opposed to Catwoman, Batgirl, or Ivy, all of which are extremely well known and popular characters. Hell, Catwoman is probably the second most recognised female comic book character of all time!

1 Like

Gotham City Sirens, Mad Love, and Birds Of Prey all need to happen! Like this post if you agree! Maybe if we start enough threads about this, they will bring these back!

1 Like

I guess they will be moving forward with GCS but in a couple years from now, I honestly don’t get the point of announcing movies if your just going to shelve them or keep push them back.