Gotham Central

I’m surprised by the amount of friends and acquaintances who haven’t read this title and I wanted to start my own thread discussing the greatest moments, quotes, and any other crime fiction recommendations within DCU.

11 Likes

This is one I missed. During my long comic hiatus when I was distracted by other stuffs. Definitely on my list, though!

1 Like

It’s definitely an awesome comic. :smiley: I’m really fond of the light realism in its art style. It makes me feel like I’m looking at courtroom sketches, which is absolutely perfect for the premise.

3 Likes

Love that description! I’m a big fan of the noir style dialogue and how grounded it all feels

2 Likes

I started yesterday

3 Likes

I had read some of it in the past before DCU, but I’ve been using the site to finish up, slowly but surely.

2 Likes

Awesome! don’t be shy to share any moments you found awesome. This could be the Gotham Central reading club

1 Like

I started this series a bit ago, thanks to DC Daily. I am loving it so far.

2 Likes

@Middleearthmary DC daily coming in clutch with that decision! If you’re anything like me, I wasn’t expecting this type of story. Hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

It’s a fantastic series. It’s what they should have gone with instead of “Gotham” imho. I really liked getting a look at how the cops feel about tangling with Supervillains (which really also brings home how dangerous even people readers consider c-listers really are) and how Non-Gordon opinions on Batman shape other supervisors.

4 Likes

@Chaoticmuse Loved your reply and couldn’t have said it better myself. the ‘c-list’ villains are still highly dangerous to someone who’s not protected by armor, a cowl and gadgets. I wish the show Gotham went with this but who knows, maybe in the future we’ll see it!

3 Likes

This is one of my all-time favorite series. There is not a single issue I don’t like. The “Half a Life” arc is a personal favorite. The characterizations and interpersonal relationships are just top notch.

2 Likes

I should also mention that I reread the entire series here on DC Universe about a month ago. It holds up really well.

3 Likes