GOTHAM. A First Watch Through

Hi there!!
I just started watching Gotham and as I go through the episodes I am gonna document my thoughts here AND if you want to join me in your first watch or even if you have seen the show a thousand times feel free to join and have fun.

So after I watch an episode, I will post that episode and my thoughts on it. Then anyone who wants to can post what they think too.

For the rewatchers: I’m impartial to spoilers but I wouldn’t want to ruin someone else’s first time. so please try to keep them out of here if possible. (thanks).

ALSO, this is not a watch-along like where you watch and talk at the same time. Just wanted to clarify that.
I will post directly after I watch the pilot.

13 Likes

Oswald is the best character

8 Likes

Wait are you an Oswald fan? I can’t tell :thinking:

8 Likes

… it’s a possibility

7 Likes

I’ll make sure to tell you all my thoughts about him.

6 Likes

YeS I will happily talk about him once you are ready

6 Likes

Fun! How are you enjoying the show so far?

7 Likes

I’m only on like the first five minutes of the pilot so I don’t have any big opinions yet. But will keep ya updated.

6 Likes

S1 EP1 PILOT: I like it a lot especially all the Easter eggs. I mean there are so many.
I like seeing Jim as a newbie and not the rough around the edges has seen it all Jim and I think it will be cool to see how he will inevitably become that. Ed Nygma is adorable and I wish they would let him finish his darn riddles.(can’t wait to see that progress.) @basicallytimdrake Oswald having a literal smile on his face while beating someone is the happy I aspire to be. I don’t like Fish Or Harvey. Fish because she’s being too mean to Oswald and Harvey because I personally am not a Fan of the super rough cop who has grown WAY to comfortable with corruption around him. The actor who plays Bruce is really good. Probably my favorite crime alley scene.

And that is my official Review of the first episode of Gotham.

8 Likes

I became obsessed with this show, and Ed Nygma is the main reason for it. Before Gotham, I never really gave much thought about the Riddler, but this show just… tells his story in a very well done way. Trust me, his story picks up as the show goes on. And yeah… I definitely developed a crush on this version, but according to AO3 and Tumblr in 2016 I ain’t the only one! :smile:

(Funny how we had a previous small discussion about character types we love…)

6 Likes

:joy::joy:

6 Likes

Have fun watching. :grinning:

7 Likes

Thanks!!

7 Likes

Glad you enjoyed the pilot. About Nygma, did you notice his face when Gordon solved his riddle super fast?

I never liked Fish Mooney.

I can’t wait to see how you’ll feel about the journey these characters will go through.

8 Likes

Look, I will take any excuse to talk about Ed Nygma. Absolutely. Mhmm :relieved:

7 Likes

I did.

6 Likes

Thank you!!

6 Likes

Oh man, now I wanna rewatch the show. I should… for him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

f0132480f879be67a9e77985b4353e9e93614536

(Okay I’m done for the night, I swear :sweat_smile:)

6 Likes

You can go on for as long as you want. I could go on for hours About Tom Welling.

6 Likes

Although I’m not very interested in his character, I will say he’s ridiculously attractive in Gotham

6 Likes