Google unMartian and help spread the world

I’m trying my hardest but I can’t get in touch with anyone but I’m asking how do I get DC to check out my comic #unMartian. I created the story that I think is brilliant and the illustrations and even the musical soundtrack myself. And if I can get them to invest in the story which I know they will because it’s great I could take it further please help me spread the word! Thanks :heart:

I don’t think DC accepts unsolicited submissions. Have you looked into using kickstarter?

1 Like

No I don’t know the first thing about getting it started so I didn’t know what to do and no one I’ve talked to would help me. What is Kickstarter?

Legally, DC isn’t allowed to even look at unsolicited submissions to protect themselves from lawsuits in case they later publish a similar idea.

If your aspiration is to write for DC, your best bet is to get published somewhere else first. Create your own story independent from their properties. Crowdfunding websites like Kickstarter are a great way to raise the funds to self-publish, and I recommend you look into them.

It’s not going to be easy, and it won’t ever happen overnight. It may even take years, or decades of working on independent material. But if you manage to make something really special on your own, then DC will come to you.

4 Likes

Thank you. I hate that I made what I think is an amazing character for them and I can’t even get anywhere with it. But thank you I really appreciate your help.