Goodbye HBO Max

I rewatched The Flash '90 on Tubi a while back. I have no idea if it’s still on it though.

2 Likes

I almost forgot HBO Max was going away, so I’m grateful for this thread. I hope the HBO part of it is pretty similar to HBO Max, I’ve enjoyed the app.

6 Likes

I think Tubi goes through periods (just like NF, for that matter) where they drop the licensed content for a bit. Superboy was on there so I wasn’t rushing at all to finish up S1, only to get really close to the end and they dropped it, which annoyed me.

3 Likes

Yes, they definitely drop licensed content for a bit. I was watching Batman '66 on it and was very nearly finished when they dropped it! I was not happy.

3 Likes

Harley Quinn doesn’t appear to be done, just possibly delayed for season 4.

I thought DC Universe would have had more appeal as just being called “Universe” and including all the sci-fi/fantasy franchises that WB controls. And I didn’t think much of the title “HBO Max” since there’s already a half dozen “HBO (fill in blank)” variations out there on TV. So I think “Max” is a decent move.

Zazlav is probably correct that, with a hundred DC shows on Max, you can’t count on thousands of viewers for the 101st show as each one debuts. Renting out some of the shows doesn’t sound like a terrible idea - I would bet every DC show will come back to roost on Max before long. The Discovery content seems to account for a half-dozen new hubs on Max. I doubt I will watch or have any use for most of that - I can see similar production value from what the neighbor down the block posts on youtube.

Anyway, I didn’t have to download or do anything different to access Max, and it is still more or less the streaming channel I know and love. If getting your subscription numbers to spike means appealing to Moms, then maybe this added Discovery content is their path to success

3 Likes

I can’t believe this stupid company is making me download another app on Xbox when they could just rename the HBO Max one, on the bright side the Xbox reviews are hilarious.

4 Likes

Yeah I notice with my tablet first, it’s a shame they didn’t do what Vicom did, change CBS All Access into Paramount +, same company, same app, but a different name.
It didn’t bother me much, but it was a little annoying with extra work for both Tablet, Xbox one & Playstation adding Max, delete HBO Max. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Does this happen to anybody? What’s annoying say there’s a episode you wanted to watch on Max that you watched many times, and it skip the episode you wanted to watch then it goes to the next episode.
Hope somebody fix this or they could easily lose subscribers. :frowning:

3 Likes

This happens to me. I have to go and select the show, scroll down the episode list and find the next one I’m supposed to watch. I’ll be watching a show and watch numerous episodes at a time, but when I come back later is goes to the direct next episode from the one I initially started.

Example: starting on Teen Titans Go! episode 20, watch till episode 30 and should watch 31 next; come back later and it picks up with episode 21.

2 Likes

Just changed my profile pic to Cliff from Doom Patrol. One change I wish they would have made in the transition from HBO Max to Max is that they would have given us the ability to mark shows and movies “not interested.” I can guarantee i will never watch any of those Discovery reality shows.
BTW, when I hear “Max” this comes to mind.

Or this
58434ac68923e05f90bbba3e1254c58b_3
Or this
max-von-mayerling-1388342-normal

4 Likes

I wish streaming had a not interested button. I also wish they had a random episode button. That way when putting something on for background viewing I do not have to deal with knowing I will spend time looking for the right episode.

2 Likes

just canceled my subscription and havent even had it a solid two weeks, i got lucky, that " Max" just uploaded season 10 of Impractical Jokers, so i got my fix. and am done.

Max, HBO Max HM whatever nonsense they want to call it next doesn’t matter it wont help any.

I really just want a dedicated DC Comics Channel, with everything under the sun, no, ah so sorry we don’t own the rights to it soo we cant show it , non sense, and new series live action and animated and same for movies.

4 Likes