Goodbye HBO Max

Screenshot_20230521-202237_Samsung Internet
2 more days til HBO Max becomes Max Streaming Service.
In 5 years, DC shows and movies had quite a ride, it all started here on DC Universe, where there was ton of old DC Shows and movies.
I first got DC Universe was because Batman the animated series was going to be on here in HD! My concern was will Superman The Animated Series be on here as well. Once I was on here, I was thrill to see it, for the next 3 years I would enjoy watching many shows, including shows that sadly never been on HBO Max, The Adventures Of Superman, 1990 Flash, Leigions Of Super-Heroes.
By the time HBO Max came out, they hardly had any shows, just movies. The first show they had was 1977 Wonder Woman.
By January of 2021, videos in DC Universe was gone, and DC Universe became DC Universe Infinite, with more comics.
I admit at first I had no interest in HBO Max til I got a good deal, soon they were adding shows I enjoy watching, like Batman The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Green Lantern the animated series. But no Superman The Animated Series which was disappointing. I think in about a year they finally added it which I was thrill.
A month ago, my main concern about Max Streaming Service was, will Batman the Animated Series & Superman the Animated series will still be on max? Let’s face it, we saw what they did, cancel movies and shows, and even removing some shows on max, I ask the Moderators if my favorite shows will be on max, they don’t know, so finally after a while I was able to reach somebody and ask the hbo max customer service if Batman the Animated Series & Superman the animated series will be on max.
She responded and told me they are safe, that got me to subscribe for a year.
My hope for Max, it’d be great if they can add more DC shows like The Adventures of Superman, old filmation cartoons, 1990 Flash show. That would be great to see. Here’s hoping for the best. What a journey it has been.:smiley:

13 Likes

I have to admit that I am concerned about the transition from HBO Max to Max. I don’t want a lot of the shows I enjoy like BTAS and Wonder Woman '76 to disappear. Too, I really hope they keep the TCM hub!

9 Likes

I never liked the name HBO Max but even I know Max is incredibly generic.

I do wonder if we would get all the Discovery family shows on here.
People, you may not know this but that network was my childhood.

Truth or scare

Tutenstein

Flight 29 Down

Mystery Hunters

Bindi the Jungle Girl

Growing up creepie

I could literally go on. They were all great shows, so hopefully they will be on Max. Otherwise there is no point in keeping my subscription if Discovery ain’t going to commit to this service entirely.

6 Likes

I loved those when I was little

4 Likes

Every time I say the name “Max”, I can’t help but laugh.

7 Likes

Hope they add Get Smart, since I’m a fan of Maxwell Smart.:grin:
Sorry chief, miss by that much.

4 Likes

Does this come on before you stream a movie?

If it doesn’t, what’s the point?

4 Likes

That video is a blast from the past when my late Grandma tape a few movies for my family and me on HBO like Batman The Movie, Star Wars: Empire Strike back, Sesame Street follow that bird. Those were a great days. :grinning:

3 Likes

I always felt like this was a fever dream I had because I could never find it again and no one remembered it! I watched it a couple times as a kid and really liked it.

4 Likes

I joined DC Universe the same week it began and I was a huge fan. I loved all of the back issues of comics, the shows and the movies. I loved the Harley Quinn Show watch-along parties and the community discussions. I didn’t want to get an HBO Max account, but I did to keep up with the movies and shows. I don’t know if I am going to switch over to Max. Teen Titans are done, Harley Quinn is done, I think Doom Patrol is done. The quality of the newer animated movies is subpar. I think I’ll just get my DC fix here.

5 Likes

I don’t know why, but constantly seeing the advertisement for Max is driving my technology anxiety up the wall. Maybe it’s from PTSD of constant news and changes with our streaming services over the course of the pandemic, but I legitimately feel my stomach drop and I feel the urge to panic… even though I shouldn’t. It’s the same feeling I get whenever I look at a login in screen (for literally everything) or when I found out all the DC shows and movies were leaving DCU, I just… I’m trying to stay calm but at the same time I feel anxious, like when you see Back to School commercials on TV :grimacing:

7 Likes

Please don’t panic, everything will be ok, all the DC shows and movies will be safe, as it continues into Max Streaming Service. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m sure it’ll be really good.

6 Likes

I figured. It’s just that everytime I see news about anything business related to DC or WB I’m always on edge.

6 Likes

Hello everybody,
Just to let you guys know, to get the new Max Streaming Service is to download the app, after that just sign in and you’re good to go. :grinning:

5 Likes

The Max update brings a bunch of JLU profile icons with it!

They have Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Lex Luthor… Aztek… Green Arrow, John Stewart, Joker, J’onn, Black Canary, Booster Gold, Grodd, Brainiac… (come on, come on…) Darkseid, Steel, Hawk, Dove, Galatea, Shayera, Huntress… (he must be coming…!) and… Solomon Grundy.

End of list.

[Sigh.]

I miss Vic.

5 Likes

:pensive: that unfortunate @HubCityQuestion.

4 Likes

yup i remember when DCU was pretty exciting with subscription content shows, to then get jerked around to find out that DCU was just a testing ground, and off to HBO Max, I literally just re started my subscription after years of not having it, so now I am on Max, and it is just to watch a few DC things, i got the 9.99 plan, i was hoping for a new season of Impractical Jokers but i guess that aint happening. on Max, so I gotta evidently sign up to Sling if i wana watch season 10. or maybe i should just buy the dvds. ?

Ya know someone really thought long and hard about dropping the HBO from the title, big board meeting, with those giant white boards with statistics on it. pie charts, etc. executive looking people in business suits an someone says, so, what can we do to shake things up for HBO Max… and some junior exc pipes up timidly, and says … um what if we drop the HBO and cancel a bunch of stuff people like on the DC Hub, add in a bunch of movies no one heard of release stuff people want a year an half after it comes out and charge more for no ads!

an at that point, all the senior excs mouths just drop wide open and those cartoon dollar signs start bulging out their eyes, and one of the excs is like, Johnson, you just got yourself a promotion, vip parking, and an office on the 5th floor. Welcome to the big leagues young man.

An hence where we are now.

The End

4 Likes

They sadly got rid of The Batman (2004) which is now on Netflix. Guess it’s back to watching it on DVDs.:slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

I think thats free on tubi, unless they took it off.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen it on Tubi, and I’ve been on the app alot

3 Likes