GOODBYE DCEU New 52 and REBRITH

it was an odd ride we just lived through an era of comics and movies people complain about reboots happaning all the time but the truth is you’ll only see ends of eras a few times in your life and as bad as those movies are I enjoyed them and I would watch them again and as much as I didn’t like some of the new 52 and rebirth I still enjoyed so much of it every era has its bad points that being said Please James make a great worlds finest movie

:clap: :clap: :clap: bye bye :face_holding_back_tears:

10 Likes

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

New 52 slapped. I’ll have that written on my grave. It got me into comics and a lot of creators too.

8 Likes

i loved the batman and batman and superman and batman and robin

7 Likes

While I never got into New 52 as hard as others. Shazam new 52 was one of my favorite comics in that era, so I’ll remember that.

I think I wish I got into Batwing sooner so I could enjoy reading about both Batwing in there earliest adventures. Same goes for Signal.

Favorite stories from the new 52:
Scott Synder’s Batman
Geoff Johns Justice league
Earth 2
World’s finest by Paul levitz
Aquaman

Rebirth was how I was introduced to Jessica Cruz and Wally West Flash. I fell in love with these characters in that amazing era.

So many good stories from there:
Green Lanterns
Tom King’s Batman
Supersons
Detective comics and Justice league dark by James Tynion.

I know they are not really gone. I could read it again, but I still would miss the new 52 and Rebirth era for bringing me into DC comics with these great characters and stories.

7 Likes

I thought rebirth justice league at least scotts was good bendis is hit and miss for me
I will always love jarro

RIP little man
dark knights metal was good I really enjoyed it
and the batman superman run by josh was what made me like him
red hood and the outlaws was also really good though I didn’t like when bruce had a fight with jason the one after where he becomes a teacher was good and so was the end
Here’s To The New Dawn :beers:

6 Likes

I also enjoyed his justice league his trade was the first justice league trade I ever read and one of my favorite movies its also my Dads favorite batman and superman meeting where superman picks batman up and says what do you do?

7 Likes

Good times.

6 Likes

I had a good time

5 Likes

I never like the Superman’s suit in 52 & Man of Steel. Anybody who takes away Superman’s red trunk should be fired on the spot.
Aquaman 52 was good, so that’s the only time I ever like it.
As for the movies, Man Of Steel, Aquaman, Wonder Woman '84 & Shazam are my most favorite.
For the TV show, just Staargirl. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think Rebirth was good.

6 Likes

you know whats also great when the new era ends and the younger readers say this is the end of everything comics are dead we get to say we’ve seen all before
I mean I was use to it because I started with older comics first but I still couldn’t say it because I hadn’t seen it myself but I can now :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Preach! Supes should always look like if you licked him, he would be blue raspberry. Anyone who makes him blueberry should be fired on the spot.

4 Likes

I feel like we haven’t talked enough about this beautiful work of art. I often use music to process my feelings, and while I typically just pick existing songs – That’s part of why James Gunn’s rise is so inspiring to me, I think our brains really work the same way (Though his is probably better. For now). But I should be so lucky to be able to write lyrics like this… Some day, I hope to save Disney and Doctor Who from their current quagmires the way Gunn is saving DC, and I expect you guys to hold me to this: I will reach out to these guys to write a similar song (for The Multiverse Saga and the Star Wars sequel trilogy, that is. There’s nothing to be nostalgic for about Chibnall’s “Doctor” being neurotypical).

I’d love to chat more, but unfortunately, every time I post about Doctor Who, someone who has fallen into Chibnall’s trap of “if-you-dare-criticize-me-you’re-misogynistic” wants to make it a whole thing, and in the immortal words of Luz Noceda, “you’re not coming from a place of intellectual honesty, so debating you would be… Pointless!” Thus, I will not be returning to this thread ever again.

The One Who Will Save Us All is out. Peace!

2 Likes

don’t let people bother you people online are dumb myself included of course
don’t just fix doctor who though make your own stuff as well and also fix what ever you want if your gonna dream dream big

3 Likes

4 Likes

One of the greatest moment in Rebirth.

“Every second is a gift.”

2 Likes

true :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Speaking specifically to the ending of the previous DC…let’s call it a “cinematic universe”, I had some big issues with most of those movies. But there were good movies. And I can’t act like there wasn’t some entertainment from the bad ones. I think Warp Zone’s music video summed it up pretty well.

Some might miss the DCEU and I can understand to an extent. But I feel like things are actually going to be on track, so I consider the end a win.

3 Likes

good luck james gunn we’ll try it your way

2 Likes