👍 Good job to the DC/Zack Snyder movie fans raising a ton of money for suicide prevention ❤️

I just want to express admiration for the group of Zack Snyder/Justice League/DC fans who are actively channeling their shared love and positivity for a director’s movies into getting together to raise support for a good cause like suicide prevention. Few other fandoms can claim to have achieved such positivity together :+1:

I posted a link to the donation page earlier, but my post was removed instantly. I checked the community rules and it says petitions aren’t allowed. If that’s the rule, fine, I’ll respect that and not post the link to the petition, but mods aren’t going to remove the mere mention of it or to simply expressing admiration for it, are they? (Meanwhile F-bomb & profanity laden posts & comments I’ve flagged stick around indefinitely…)

9 Likes

The mods are okay with mild swearing. I think your post was removed because it involved money.

And the Snyder Cut doesn’t exist

3 Likes

But suicide does so it’s good to raise money for that

3 Likes

To prevent that

2 Likes

@Awesome_Squid Way to save it there. For a second, it felt like you were being unnecessarily trolly (FYI, trolling is always unnecessary).

3 Likes

@BatmanOfZur-En-Arrh

Yeah, I realized that what I wrote could be incorrectly interpreted so I had to fix it. That could have been bad.

3 Likes

I’m in. when is comic con? I need 2 weeks. To get paid play money.

2 Likes

If we keep raising money eventually WB will listen to paying customers rather than the loud internet mouth piece.

2 Likes

@Dr.Doom They’re not going to pay millions to satisfy a small but very vocal group of fans.Whether or not you like the movie, you have to admit that most people, and even most DC fans, disliked the movie.

A tip of the cap to folks that are doing this.

However, they are far from the first. A great example was when Xena was on. LBQTQ+ positive bars would have Xena night and raise money for the LBGTQ community. Funds went were they were needed. Everything from the Spanner appeal, PACs, AIDS Hospices. Every local bar community got to decide which area was most important to them.

1 Like

#RELEASETHESNYDERCUT, I will never end this

3 Likes

@Redhood They can’t release it. It doesn’t exist.

1 Like

@awesome squid What do you mean most people didn’t like it? How did you come to that conclusion? Lots of people did like it.

1 Like

@Dr.Doom The reviews and almost everybody I talked to. Obviously The Snyder Cut hasn’t been released (because it doesn’t exist), so maybe it is fantastic. However, critics and audiences both had an incredibly negative reaction to Zack Snyder’s films, and there’s no reason anyone should think that Justice League would be any better. Most people didn’t like Zack Snyder’s films, and most people didn’t like Justice League, so why would they pay money to see another version of Justice League made by Zack Snyder? It just isn’t worth it for WB. Maybe one day in the distant future they can make an hour and a quarter long direct to DVD animated recreation of what a shortened version of Zack Snyder’s Justice League would be like, but we’re not getting more than that.

1 Like

I’m glad you brought up critics because if you look at the rotten tomatoes scores it shows the tomato didn’t like it. However the audience gave it a 63% and indication that most people DID like it. I don’t know who you are talking to but the people I have talked to about this film absolutely love it. The 63% mentioned above is for the theatrical version of the film. Most folks I have talked to like the directors cut even more. As I mentioned before if we keep paying money eventually WB will understand that a lot of people want to see this. After all money talks. Also if you and your peer group don’t want to see it. Then don’t that’s ok but something tells me you will. Call it a hunch, gut feeling

1 Like

Most people loved the extended cut of BvS…

3 Likes

#RELEASETHESNYDERCUT

3 Likes

https://www.gamesradar.com/zack-snyder-confirms-that-the-justice-league-snyder-cut-is-real-and-done/

3 Likes

Say what you will about Zack Snyder, but his heart’s in the right place on this one. These are the times it feels good to be a DC fan. THIS is what comics should be about. Bringing people together to be real heroes.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Good on everyone involved, and best of luck to them :slight_smile:

4 Likes