4 Likes

Dr Manhattan

8 Likes

@BigGLfan
Lol

2 Likes

unnamed (1)

3 Likes

The closest entity to God in the DC Universe would be The Presence, which is different from both.

4 Likes

If you define God as the creator… There are two. Jerry and Joe. (I’d throw in Bob but whatever floats the PR boat). Otherwise I’ll second the Presence/Voice/Hand (same person).

5 Likes

I see the writers and editors of DC as god. They create the universe and decide that goes. Sort of like Grant Morrison philosiphy, we are gods

4 Likes

The Spectre got his powers from The Presence. He’s supposed to be the wrath of God. So…

7 Likes

You know. This is an excellent question. One I never really pondered in all the years of reading DC Comics

2 Likes

While the existence of a higher power of some sort can be generally surmised, it works in mysterious ways, and rarely directly reveals itself to mortals.

2 Likes

Does Vertigo count?

2 Likes

@50710 yeah it does

2 Likes

In Vertigo DC comics, we see the presence of “Lucifer” (TV series) on earth 666 (as revealed by a CW cross-over.) So Abrahamic presence exists. From what I’ve been reading, The Presence is what accounts for Christian/Judaeo existence in DC.

3 Likes

That’s about as close as we get in DC. In terms of Abrahamic God there’s also other characters with biblical origins such as The Phantom Stranger. He’s had a couple origin stories, but one of them is being Judas Iscariot cursed to wander the world forever as a Stranger to anyone he meets. I believe that origin has him seeking redemption for betraying Christ and each sufficient act of attonement allows him to drop one of the 30 silver coins around his neck.

1 Like