Giving Up on Teen Titans Season Six

Sorry to the mods in advance. I just don’t know where else to put this. You can ban me if you feel so inclined. I don’t know if this is breaking community guild lines.

To the few (if any) in the community who care I’m giving up on writing Teen Titans season six. After trying endlessly for the last year and a half to find an agent I’ve decided to give up on writing in its entirety. Covid was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Dreams are a nice thing to have but in life we need to wake up. This was my wake up call. I will no longer be chasing a dream that never had a chance of being real.

Thanks to the community for putting up with my antics. Sincerely a simple fan that thought he could make something that mattered.

8 Likes

Getting to write a new season of Teen Titans on spec without prior writing credits was probably a tad too ambitious. But I’d encourage you to keep creating! It’s often the people who tell their own original stories who later get the opportunity to play in the DCU.

10 Likes

I agree entirely with @HubCityQuestion . One project, especially an ambitious one such as this, should not be the end all be all for an up and coming writer. The amount of times I’ve been rejected fills boxes. I keep them on purpose, as a reminder to keep trying. Don’t give up here. Maybe try something a little smaller, more personal. Maybe not Teen Titans season six, but I know there are so many people out there who need whatever stories you have to tell. Stay positive!!!

5 Likes

Remember: Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up.
Dont give up, never quit dreaming.

11 Likes

J.R.R. Tolkien didn’t start writing The Lord of the Rings until he was 45, and it wasn’t fully published until he was 63. Writing takes time, but if it’s your passion I think it’s absolutely worth it. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I didn’t read all of it, but what I did read of yours I enjoyed!

3 Likes

“By the time I was fourteen the nail in my wall would no longer support the weight of the rejection slips impaled upon it. I replaced the nail with a spike and went on writing.”

— Stephen King

Keep on keeping on. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Don’t give up on something you love because it seems impractical. Are you going to write Teen Titans s6? Probably not. But that doesn’t mean you can’t write SOMETHING. Hell… with Covid now is the time to write more than ever! There’s nothing else to do.

3 Likes

74ff2a43-df62-4a6b-a785-a2350226ccf1

6 Likes

Good to know about my friend

1 Like

Thanks guys your right. I think I’ll just stick to short story’s for the time being and go from there.

3 Likes