Giving props to community 1.x, it did help create our community...

I remember the days when we used to argue if they should add a mute button, good times lol

4 Likes

“Why do we fall? So we can learn to something something” is my new favorite AppleJack quote. The quote has transcended it’s original meaning and function and has been reclaimed by our own Community hero!

Thanks to the mods and community members who have fostered this caring environment. It’s meant a lot to a lot of people, myself included :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@MisfitH
Kane, Finger & Robinson

What connection to the 70’s Wonder Woman TV show did actress Angela Landsbury have?

2 Likes

@AppleJack
I know I’ve gotta be in that “troublemakers” bucket, and wouldn’t have it any other way.

I humbly request that:
“Why do we fall? So we can learn something something.” - AppleJack

Be added to Kelex’s database of quotes.

And at the risk of thinking I might represent to much of the community in this, I don’t think there is a single member of the community that would vote “no” on that request. (Ok, you would, cuz you’re freakin modest, but do the rest of us a solid, and put it in. Please.)

4 Likes

Fondest memories:

• The first Wal: Titans S1E1. That’s when I really felt the “community” experience.

• The first time DCU Book club was announced. I wasn’t able to join until after it ran for a few weeks, but I’ll never forget @MattMcDonald being a voice of sanity and positivity in the more chaotic early days of the forums by saying “we should have a book club”.

• The introduction of the Random section. There are no words to describe the crazy fun and bonding over there! Cheers to everyone for keeping it fun, and, well… Random :heart:

6 Likes

Props to 1.0

3 Likes

Thank you all for your patience, support, and feedback over this last year. Our most important heroes have always been, and will always be, all of you. Your opinions, your feedback, and your experiences, good and bad. have all helped to shape what 1.0 will become with this transition.

I cannot explain just how much it means to me to see the memories and experiences shared here, so let me just say that I can’t wait to make new memories with all of you.

8 Likes

When is Community 3.0 releasing??

3 Likes

@DeSadeAccolyte

A guy named Bruce?

What is Wonder Woman’s TV connection to Planet of the Apes?

3 Likes

Silly rabbits.

Nobody ever fell here.

4 Likes

They say night must fall, and in this case, the green light of community must briefly fade. The Bat Signal temporarily pales, and the Daily Planet fails to spin-- for a time, anyway. There’s a story about stone soup, where one by one people come together, adding this and that, until the soup is real. It’s a good story. Overall, it really doesn’t happen, not at work, not in most neighborhoods, and sure as heck not in online gatherings. But ladies and gentlemen, you have thrown your laughter, your deepest thoughts, your genuine emotions, including, even your tears, into this place. When someone makes a friend here, I believe. When you call out your support to each other, when you say I’m sorry you’re hurting-- I believe. The best miracles are often the small ones.

That bat signal will shine again.

5 Likes

Fare well Community 1.0!!!
You were great thank you, but we must move on to greener pastures now.

3 Likes

pulls out two boxes of Kleenex for AJ

You want the Cowboy Bebop box or the Strangers in Paradise one?

There might be a Simpsons one lurking about too :wink:

5 Likes

Like any good superhero story, there’s never really an end, just a couple weeks’ wait for a new beginning.

1.0 was good to us, and it’s not leaving, just growing up.

5 Likes

Yep, her brother Bruce Landsbury took over as supervising producer with S2E8. An episode that got rid of the cartoon opening and closing credit scenes and replaced the with live action footage/pics. It also marked a noticeable change in Diana’s hair to it being in a straight ponytail all the time.

As for WW 77 TV & PotA the answer to that is the same as the answer to “what is the connection between orig PotA, WW 77 tv series, BTAS and STAS?

Answer: Roddy McDowell. He showed up as a villain twice in WW, did the voice of the Mad Hatter in BTAS and makes a brief appearance as the made Hatter in STAS episode Knight Time (S3E2. If memory serves).

3 Likes

Off to Milkways, the restaurant at the end of the universe, to await the roll out of 2.0. See you all on the flip side ladies & gents.

5 Likes

I think my fondest moments are the times I got an Answer the Question, or got HCQ to answer my question in his column, and when I first went into Office Hours to discover that Applejack really WAS in there giving honest answers to questions!

Thanks for everything, all of you… And if we’re heading to Milliways for breakfast, there’s a particular tall blonde with a head for mathematics I’ve always wanted to talk to…

2 Likes

Some see value in over 22,000+ comics, animated and live action series and movies, 4 complete seasons of original series with the 5th season already coming out.

You don’t see the value, great. I’m sure there are things you spend money on that others think is ridiculous. To each there own.

7 Likes

Ditto.

I’m really impressed with this community, it’s been fun getting to know you crazy people! I like watching stuff with you all. I like discussing stuff with you all. I can’t wait to re-meet everyone when 2.0 comes out. I LOVE YOU.

2 Likes

Looking around Community 2.0, I have to say, while I will always miss 1.x, it did not die in vain

1 Like