Give a Shout Out to the Hero in Your Life!

@PrincessAmethyst sending you big hugs, this made my cry! :hugs: I am so glad you were able to discover or rediscover your self-worth and that this place and its denizens were helpful in some way. From our interactions I’ve known you to be an intelligent and thoughtful person, full of passion and obviously strength! Here’s to a better 2020 for all of us!

4 Likes

My Hero and my best friend passed away at the all too young age of 35 on August 13, 2007. His name was Andrew “Drew” Eve. Drew had Cystic Fibrosis. He never played the poor victim “why me” card. He was a Sheriff’s Department 911 operator, an assistant Fire Chief for his towns fire department, a NYS EMT, and a NYS Fire instructor. My wife (who at the time was 8 months pregnant) was Drew’s Health Care Proxy had to make the decision to take him off of life support. We named my daughter who was born on 9/17/07 Andrea in his honor. Unfortunately, she had health issues of her own and passed away 9/4/11. I know Drew is taking care of my daughter until I see her again. I have channeled the strength Drew had, knowing he was going to die young, and still looking forward to every day, to move forward and have a positive outlook on life, even though I’ve had the worst tragedy that can befall a parent happen to me. My daughter also had autism, and with me being an EMT, I now teach a course called Autism & Emergencies, where I teach parents, teachers, & 1st Responders how to deal with an autistic person during an emergency situation. So thank you Drew. You will never be forgotten,

7 Likes

:sob::sob::sob: You’re wonderful and your presence makes this a better place. Thanks for making my day!

3 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you for sharing your story! That takes strength and power!

1 Like

I got teary-eyed reading that @PrincessAmethyst and likewise! I’m so glad to have met you. Whenever I need a gut-check on anything, I know I can go to you, and you will tell it like it is. You are so welcoming, in-tune, and straightforward it is a honor to know you. :heart:

2 Likes

I’m honored & happy to be apart of this moment. That experience is truly one of the greatest experiences, and I’m happy to have met you. Thanks to the community & social media I’m so happy to be able to keep in touch, and it brings me joy to see the good happening in your life. It’s things like this that make me love DC, it brings us together & builds friendship & relationships. You are not alone, and we care. Thank you for sharing, this made my night. I don’t think the new Episode of Watchmen can top this. :blush:

3 Likes