Girl Power!

Have been browsing the female-centric comics on here and hopefully we’ll get more completed runs but I’m not sure which books have their runs completed. I see there are some, and I’m trying to get a list of them all. I read through the first issues of Batgirl and the Birds of Prey and that was awesome but that’s incomplete. Started Batwoman (Hydrology) and that’s also incomplete, I believe. I see some limited series are complete, like Batgirl: Year One and Selina’s Big Score, and a few others. I’m surprised there’s very little Wonder Woman, especially complete. Would love to see The Hiketeia. I hope we can get some more ladies on this!

17 Likes

Manhunter has a completed run on here and I can’t say enough good things about it. It has girl power and also one of the most human characters ever in Kate. She is flawed, but courageous. Definitely worth a read, if you are looking for a female-centered book.

5 Likes

Didn’t even know about this one and just looked over the issues and it looks amazing! Will definitely read, thank you! More suggestions are welcome!

3 Likes

Starfire is complete. Supergirl 1972 is just missing the last issue, but no biggie since all issues in that run are standalone.

3 Likes

I’d love to see a large flux of Batwoman given her eventual arrival on TV.

2 Likes

Really hoping for the original run of of Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld. They’re not on comiXology though so I’m not to hopeful. At least I’ve got my physical copies.

4 Likes

Power Girl is one issue away from completing it’s most celebrated run.

2 Likes

After watching today’s DC Daily, I’m really excited for Stargirl. I don’t think any of her is on here yet?

2 Likes

Oh no, I was wrong, Stars and STRIPE is on this, the full run. Awesome!

3 Likes

Yes, there needs to be more Wonder Woman on here, but check the original Birds of Prey run. Best iteration of Barbara Gordon and Dinah Drake Lance to date.

3 Likes

And today’s DC Daily really made me wish all the DC Super Hero Girls stuff would be on here as well. It’s just too adorable!

4 Likes

So… no DCSHG fans? :frowning:

2 Likes

DCSHG is awesome stuff. Out of the bottle is one of my favorite comics.

I do think that the latest Atlantis story wasn’t quite upp to par with usual quality though.

I own all the DCSHG stuff, do I don’t really need it here, but it would for sure be a welcome addition.

2 Likes

Just thought I’d put this out there:

1 Like

Hm the image didn’t work. Well, here’s a link then: https://tinyurl.com/y9kbslq8

1 Like

I love DCSHG. Bought all the figures (6”) watched all the shows and movies and the comics stand up. I’m all about DC female characters. I grew up watching super friends and the second I saw Wonder Woman and her invisible jet or transparent plane (take your pick) I was hooked on DC for life and to this day the female characters are my favorite in the DCU.

4 Likes

I’m just hoping they’re added to DC Universe. I know the episodes are on YouTube, but it would be convenient to have them here as well, but I don’t know if the movies are easily available for streaming anywhere.

1 Like

Mae
Idk they used to be on u verse on demand for free and some movies are on Netflix, I know it’s not free but in case u have it. U-verse had every episode of the cartoon and all the movies but I think they took them down.

Thank you, I didn’t think to check Netflix and the movies are there! But not the new one and not the “Super Hero High” special from 2016.

2 Likes

You’re welcome, I know, they might put those on yet because the ones on there now haven’t been on long at all. Those are the first and only ones they’ve ever put on there so I’m thinking maybe they’ll add more or switch them out?