Gilbert Gottfried's Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Who else is a fan of the former host of USA’s Up All Night and voice of Aladdin’s Iago’s rendition of the Fifth Dimension imp?

I love Mxy’s appearances on Superman: The Animated Series and Justice League Action. I think Gottfried is nearly as synonymous with the character as Kevin Conroy is to Batman. That might just be me though, as I hadn’t seen much of Mxy before his STAS appearances so that voice stuck with me.

What do you think of GG as Mxy? Also, how do you pronounce Mxyzptlk? I use the STAS pronunciation: "Mix-yes-spit-lick ".

2 Likes

I love Mr Mxyzptlk, I remember seeing him for the first time on S:TAS, and Gottfried’s voice fits the character perfectly. I tend to pronounce it “Mixy-pittle-ick”. He does great in Justice League Action also, and by the way there’s an episode with him and a gigantic kitty!

IJest, I just watched that episode on Hulu before posting this! How 'bout that?

There’s one where he tricks Shazam’s Uncle Duddly into becoming Captain Bamboozle. Then “Keeping Up With The Kryptonians” afterward.

Shazam was voiced by Sean Astin and Uncle Duddly by his dad, John “Gomez Addams and The Riddler” Astin. Fun stuff!

“McGurk! Where are ya McGurk?!”

1 Like

Gilbert is such a talented voice actor, I think he had a great time playing Mr. Mxyzptlk. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like