Getting In Trouble Thread

While I was not a part of or involved in these situations, I felt them in a way they felt familiar???

It may not makes sense, but I feel like this is the result of the type of internet experience we have today. I recently saw a meme about an old school computer, the Dell computer that was a big box that sits on it’s own desk. The meme said “the internet used to be respected. We would get on the computer and afterwards we would leave. The internet was a place.”

I know that this was how the internet used to be. While I can’t imagine life where the internet/computer existed but was limited, I can and can’t at the same time. The closest I got to experience this was as a young child in the very early 2000s. I remember computers being those big boxes, but I remember playing kids games on CDs that were used on that computer. I don’t know what life was like to experience early search engines and early era chatrooms.

The point is, the internet and computer itself has evolved. It went from being a box on a desk with a password, to being able to fit into your pocket with either fingerprint recognition or face recognition. Nowadays everyone has access to the internet, and it has effected us all greatly. People with annoying personalities are able to be more annoying whether or not they intend to be. People are able to express anger more, for better or for worse, and now it is easy for us all to get angry over the smallest thing. People who have depression might experience more depression because of how the overly convenience the internet gives us (yes I am referring to myself with this one). Basically, I think all of us tend to express and feel emotions 10x more than we ever used to with the internet, and while this place is great, it doesn’t escape that aspect completely. This was one of the hard lessons I had to learn and it’s why I’m choosing to step away when this is all over.

4 Likes

I wonder if any banned users will get another chance at the discord.

4 Likes

They would not acknowledge that 2D was any good. That and the fact that he would make claims and not back them up and posting multiple times in a row. Hilarious! :rofl:

4 Likes

You are absolutely correct that the worst comes out in people because of instant access to the internet. Add to that anonymity which allows people to be nasty with no consequences and our focus on the most out there views it’s a perfect storm to create a cesspool of humanity.

You are a wonderful soul @TheWifeOfJasonTodd and I wish you the best in the future. Thank you for blessing us with your presence. :heart:

7 Likes

0bcf6cee-8e5f-4675-8d88-20e8b0682b84_1817544925695773

6 Likes

Would you like an invite to the DM thread from 4 years ago? It’s fun, but very late.

5 Likes

@MiscellaneousSoup is a (long stream of censored curse words)

7 Likes

No!! You’re one of my faves dude!

5 Likes

Suuuuuure

6 Likes

Its okay @MiscellaneousSoup, I hate you enough for @Jurisdiction. :wink::kissing_heart: I obviously don’t hate you. I wouldn’t say you are in my top ten favorite people on these community forums, but I don’t hate you. Hrrmm, wait a second… I like to tease. You are one of the good eggs. Its that darn @TornadoSoup that people can’t stand hehe

6 Likes

Hey, Tornado is a good person. A little stormy for my tastes, but very nice.

7 Likes

I think you are both good soups!! But I am enjoying being a bit sassy on this thread only hehe

8 Likes

A bit delayed, but I’m here!!

7 Likes

WOOOO! Now it’s a party!

6 Likes

I hope no one dislikes me. If anyone does I’d love to know.

7 Likes

i think you are… very cool :).

8 Likes

Man. He owes me money

6 Likes

If anyone has the money and wishes to donate to the cause of relief in Gaza, here’s a link
https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/secure/help-save-lives-oct-rr-paid-2024

6 Likes

@Jitsu, @staticshocks, @WanderingWarlock

I’m just saying, this is why we need mods

And that’s not to say because of this topic. We need mods because both @SuperBlueGrad and I (both of us) clearly needed to be de-escalated.

5 Likes

At least we agree on this lmfao

Trying to lighten the mood

5 Likes