Get Ready to Enter This Summer's Virtual DC FanDome!

I’m so excited!

So looking forward to this

Sounds interesting, I will check it out.

I was sceptical about what this was seeing posts on social media and was going to look at what this was but after reading this I’m pretty stimed to check this out in definitely gonna spend more time in this than I previously anticipated

1 Like

Exciting!

1 Like

Okay, fess up everybody: During Fandome, what are you all going to have for snacks? I think pizza and cheese sticks would go great with such an event, but what do all of you think?

2 Likes

I think it’s a good idea to have an event devoted to one specific publisher or genre rather than to have an all-encompassing event like most comic cons are. Much more focused. And another thing: I notice that one of the shows they feature in the list about spotlighted shows is Doom Patrol. Does this indicate a possible third season?

3 Likes

I assume these events will be live, but will the content be available afterwards?

2 Likes

I am soooo excited for this! I can’t wait for the announcements!

1 Like

Hope I’m available for this

1 Like

Very Exciting! Although, at this moment Chicago Comic Con (wizard world hosts) is still On In Person, for the end of August. I wanting to skip it & just participate virtually with the Fandome Super Fun! Will wait & see what the Future brings us for the remainder of Fall 2020.

2 Likes

@toonatonian With Fandome you can mosey about in slippers, and do it without someone you don’t know coming up to you and saying “Cool cosplay. Who are you dressed up as?”.

Also at Fandome, there’s no line for eats or the restroom. You’ll likely be able to view panels easily, you won’t have to wait in line for them next to people who smell funky, etc.

The only thing missed is the dealer area, which has its own smells of course, but hey, for the deals found there, isn’t it worth it to just plug your nose and dive on in?

Fandome: join us! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah!

I’ll be there! Hate to say it, but this is the only plus side to this virus. We wouldn’t have had this virtual event under normal circumstances. But the folks who’ve never been to a con event bc they can’t afford tickets or travel do appreciate it!

3 Likes

True that! :+1:

This sounds sooo awesome!!! I cannot wait! I would love to cosplay for the first time with my gf as Kite Man & Ivy or Harley or whoever she wants to be haha or maybe some Justice League or Teen Titans or Young Justice characters idk but she’s been watching Harley with me so probably that!

If this is successful would it make sense for DC to do this every year? I feel like they are able to reach a wider audience as this is global and it has opportunities to be more interactive than a normal convention. An example would be the moment they announce a video game the demo for the game is available on all platforms or a new comic event is announced they can instantly have a sampler available on DCU or the Fandome website. Needless to say, I am excited for this event and all of the possibilities this brings to my favorite comic company. @Vroom do they still make Jolt cola? If so, send me some!

3 Likes

What if they include an online dealer section? Maybe go crazy on Comixology sales that weekend or promote links for direct stores to DC creators stores?

1 Like

That would be an excellent idea! Afterall, fans are always eager to dole out some scratch at a con, and it would serve as a nice promotional opportunity for Comixology, the DC app, etc.

@DC_Community Any chance you could pass that idea over to the PTB at DC?

@D4RK5TARZ I believe Jolt Cola is still about. Seems like I saw it at Target recently, as well as at the food jobber.

1 Like

Just think, an online artist alley where you can put in orders within a certain time frame and the artist will send the artwork once it is finished. The possibilities are endless!

2 Likes