George Perez retires from comicsšŸ˜”

So I just learned that George Perez officially retired from comics today and that made me kind of sad since he WAS one of my top 5 favorite artists in comics. What he did with teen titans and ESPECIALLY Crisis on infinite earths was freakin amazing and loved every panel he drew. Hopefully he stays in good health down the roadšŸ‘Œ

11 Likes

Thatā€™s sad. I believe heā€™s had health issues for a while, hasnā€™t he? Iā€™m sorry to see him retire but his health and wellbeing are the imperatives in the long run. Heā€™s amassed an amazing body of work that has stood and will always stand the test of time.

4 Likes

:sob::sob:

His health is more important. He has done more than enough to the comic world.

3 Likes

I wish him all the best!

2 Likes

Wow. Speechless. Ive heard nithin but good from those that have met him and cons n such. Wishing him some peaceful times and all the best

2 Likes

Agreed. His health comes first. Heā€™s given us everything!

1 Like

@Vroom

Heā€™s got diabetes and failing eyesight. The fact that heā€™s hung on this long is nothing short of amazing. Iā€™m sad that we wonā€™t see anything new from his pencil but I wish him the best and hope he has a good many years to himself.

4 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s terrible. I wish him the best in every manner and hope he stays with us for years to come.

4 Likes

That is sad to hear, although he was not working as much as he used to so not shocking. But it is a shame.

1 Like

This is a comic book creator he should be mentioned in the same breath as Lee, Kirby, Ditko, and Adams. His is a master storyteller that has given us some of the most memorable and iconic comics of all-time. I hope and pray he enjoys a long and happy retirement.

5 Likes

Thats the beauty of George Perez. Even when the art wasnā€™t doing it for me the story was so strong that I didnā€™t care and couldnā€™t wait to see what happened next.

Thank you Mr. Perez and may you have many more years aheadšŸ‘šŸ»

1 Like

Good Luck Mr. Perez!!!
You will go down as an essential Writer and Artist.

2 Likes

When I was a kid his art style I thought it was the greatest in comic books him and John Byrne where my favorite I have every book either of them ever did or even did pencil layouts for, iā€™am deeply sadden by his retirement most of these new kids canā€™t draw for $h!t some of the stuff these companies are trying to pass as art is horrendous. You will be missed Mr.Perez

1 Like

Best of luck to him in whatever the future has in store. Comics is truly losing one of the greats <3

1 Like

George Perez has been part of my comic book experience since the very beginning. The first comic book I ever read was ā€œJustice League of Americaā€ #192 with art by Mr. Perez.

1 Like

One of the great talents, and by all accounts a heck of a nice guy as well. Apparently he will still do a small set of con artwork by appointment through his agent, dedicating the money to charity.

1 Like

Aw, well that sucksā€¦ hope he has a good retirement tho. He and Byrne are my favorite artists from the eighties!

1 Like