George Pérez Has Stage 3 Pancreatic Cancer

I have some very sad news. George Pérez has announced on his Facebook page that he has Stage 3 Pancreatic Cancer. He only has six months to a year to live. Of course, DC fans will be familiar with Mr. Pérez from his work on Teen Titans, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Wonder Woman, The Brave and the Bold, and others. I have always loved Mr. Pérez’s work and it is sad to know that he hasn’t much time left.

17 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about that. My heart goes out to him and his family. :heart:

15 Likes

Oh no!
I hate to hear that.
:cry:

10 Likes

Oh man. I knew he had been running into some bad medical stuff in the past few years, but this is so sudden. Part of me feels sad and despondent, but this is also a man who has lived a good life, who still has time left, and it sounds like he’s going to spend his last days with his family and fans, making the most out of every second, and I’m thankful that this man who’s done so much for us will have that on his final days.

12 Likes

Oh no! That’s horrible!

And, I mean, cancer is the actual worst, and it’s horrible for anyone to have it, but it especially bites when it’s a guy who just spent his life creating and being really good at it. My heart goes out to him and his family.

12 Likes

My prayers go out to Mr. Perez and his family. :heart:

I would hope DC (and DCUI) puts together a celebration of his work, so that they can heartily honor him while he’s still with us.

15 Likes

Wow, this is very sad. :frowning:

11 Likes
12 Likes

That is terrible.
No one should have to suffer from cancer.
Wishing the best​:four_leaf_clover::+1:

10 Likes

I’m not even sure what to say. His art is a part of my childhood. I even got to meet him a couple of times and he’s the sweetest man possible.

It seems like he’s come to terms with this and wants to enjoy the time he has. My hope is everyone makes that remaining time as memorable as possible.

13 Likes

This is such sad news. He and Marvel Wolfman created my favorite run of the Teen Titans. I hope he gets to enjoy as much time as possible with his family.

10 Likes

I’m so very sorry to hear about this. It’s always sad to hear about this.:slightly_frowning_face:

10 Likes

He forever changed the way we view Wonder Woman, for the better. To leave that great an impact on a character that iconic is something to be immensely proud of.

You could look at any book hrs worked on and say it’s the greatest he’s ever done and be able to make a case for it- I never read a single gle book of his that didn’t seem like he worked on it for years. The level of detail is stunning.

I hope his final days are filled with laughter, love and support. He can rest easy knowing his work will be cherished for as long as we’re here.

12 Likes

There is not much more to say except this sucks! Thank you, Mr. Perez, for helping to create so many great characters and for making our lives more entertaining.

10 Likes

Since he helped create (with Marv Wolfman) Starfire, Raven and Cyborg, I wouldn’t be surprised if Teen Titans Go had some kind of tribute.

10 Likes

This is so sad to hear. George has always been a favorite of mine. His ‘70s work Man-Wolf, Fantastic Four, and Avengers was my first introduction to him. I loved Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, and JLA/Avengers. In fact I just bought a copy of the JLA/Avengers slipcases edition. Check out the link below for some of his best work.

10 Likes

I saw this and I still don’t know what to say. :pleading_face::purple_heart::00_wonder_woman_gold: Sending good thoughts & love to him and his loved ones.

10 Likes

He’s going to offer signed books for his fans to get one final chance to get him to sign something. I definitely want to support that venture of his and I wish him a peaceful and joyful transition to the beyond.

7 Likes

Perez is the greatest artist DC or Marvel ever had. Crisis is a masterpiece, in which he drew every character in the DC Universe. His crowd scenes are so detailed; just look at the opening scene of Crisis 1, where every member of the crowds running from the anti-matter wall is distinct, and the emotions on their faces authentic.

There will never be another George Perez.

13 Likes

Welcome back to the community @joshromano40.7905! :wave: Thank you for sharing your thoughts and kind words.

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :muscle:

7 Likes