George Perez Has Passed Away

Some lovely George Perez Photos and Art.

14 Likes

I am so saddened by George Perez’s death. He had a huge impact and he was truly a legend. And from everyone who was lucky enough to meet him, I have heard he was one of the nicest guys one could ever meet. He was truly special.

8 Likes

I watched a comicon panel with him on YouTube yesterday. He made the statement he was made very happy by the people who were cosplaying because it brought them so much joy, and seeing their joy made him happy. I would take this to mean that the on screen portrayals made him happy as well, because it brought joy to masses, but I do not know for sure. I do love that he got joy from other’s joy. It kind of says everything you need to know about the person he was, and that all the tributes are exactly right…

9 Likes

Not gonna lie, I shed many tears over his loss, and I never knew him outside of his profession. He was an amazing man…

7 Likes

Only a few announcements of this sort, outside of family and close friends, manage to elicit an emotional reaction for me. This one has done it.

5 Likes

RIP Mr Perez :rosette:

4 Likes

Yeah. Sometimes, you don’t even have to know a person to grieve for them. Chadwick Boseman rendered me an emotional wreck when he passed.

4 Likes

I don’t know what to say. I’m just glad he gave us all the chance to say goodbye.

5 Likes

Great loss to his family and comic book fans everywhere. There will never be another like Mr Perez. God bless him and his family.

5 Likes

thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Sending love and hugs to your loved ones.

5 Likes

From all I’ve heard about him, he sounded like a fine person, which made the loss even tougher, no doubt.

4 Likes

Great talent

4 Likes

I never met him. I never talked to him. But man, it feels like I lost one of my best friends.

6 Likes

This was very sad news. My heart does go out to his family and friends. Hopefully seeing how much of an impact his work made provides some comfort.

6 Likes

Knew he had been battling cancer and was sad to hear that he has passed. I’ll be adding some of his work to my list on here. My small way to honor his talent and life. R.I.P.

6 Likes

A legend.there will never be another one like him.

7 Likes

Sad to lose another comics legend. George Perez was one of the best in the biz! He will be deeply missed, but his legacy will live on!

R.I.P. Mr. Perez. You were one of the greats!

7 Likes

may you do what you loved in heaven none of the illness that was holding you back can stop you anymore

6 Likes

6 Likes

Happy heavenly birthday to the incomparable George Perez…

7 Likes