George Perez: A Celebration of His Work with DC Comics

Now, that’s high praise.

I might track the series down at some point. I know a local joint that’s had the singles recently, so maybe on a week where I’ve next to no new books to snag, I’ll see what’s what with JLA/Avengers.

8 Likes

It’s also canon, which is rare for company crossovers.

10 Likes

Busiek’s JLA run even picks up immediately after JLA/Avengers leaves off, catalyzing the return of the Crime Syndicate of America!

11 Likes

If anyone’s looking to push for JLA/Avengers in digital, you can submit a request in this thread.

A request is just that, and doesn’t guarantee anything, but if DC brass see a groundswell of support for the book in digital form, then the requests submitted to the above could possibly be the squeaky wheel that DC’s digital team might apply some Busiek-penned/Perez-drawn Crossover of Crossovers grease to.

Make your voice heard and go request it. The more requests, the merrier. :clark_hv_4:

9 Likes

Its a good crossover

8 Likes

A big reason I first fell in love with comics was because of George Perez. The second DC comic I got was Crisis number 5 (I believe in diving into the deep end). At 9 years old I had no idea what was going on or who most of these characters were or why there were two Supermans and a grown up Robin. But that art was amazing.
Processing: 8C41D16B-7574-4713-84AD-EEA788781006.jpeg…

8 Likes

I find it a little ironic that the first Perez art I remember seeing is the Legion of Super Heroes set he did for Best of DC Digest 24 in 1982.

I thought they were great and actually paid attention to who drew them although it took another 26 years before he drew a Legion book.

10 Likes

One of my favorite bits of that mini is a slightly throwaway line when the Avengers came over to the JLA Earth, and one of the members mentioned something about the land mass of that Earth being a certain percentage larger than their own as a nod to how many more fictional countries and cities that DC has over Marvel.

9 Likes

One of the best artists ever I love Crisis, JLA/Avengers and Wonder Woman

7 Likes

Looks like George had a nice time at DC in Burbank with Jim Lee, Mike Carlin and Marv Wolfman.

8 Likes

One of my favorite writers posted this recently.

8 Likes

Thanks for the share @CaptainYesterday, and thanks to Jim Lee and DC for honoring a living legend.

I hope we can get some kind of honorary tome for Mr. Perez while we’re still blessed to have him in our world.

@SaintBrodie Thanks for your share as well. Andreyko is lucky to know GP.

5 Likes

Great photo of George Perez and Marv Wolfman.

7 Likes

That is a great photo, thanks for the share.

Also, Marv’s jacket is badass.

5 Likes

I know, I want one.

5 Likes

I wish I read more of his works. I don’t know what he’s made, but I know from friends he was extraordinary. Does anyone have the names of any comics of his I could read on DCUI?

6 Likes

When I saw Batman: Mask of the Phantasm in a theater in 2018, there was a guy in the audience wearing a Nightwing jacket very similar to Mr. Wolfman’s.

It wasn’t Marv (this guy was much younger), but it was a snazzy jacket, all the same.

5 Likes

A few of Perez’s best works from our library:

• The New Teen Titans
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths
  • Wonder Woman (1987-2006)
6 Likes

I’ve been meaning to read this!

5 Likes

The New Teen Titans is pretty much the best Titans series of all time, whether you’re talking it, or…

• Any volume of Teen Titans
• Tales of the New Teen Titans
• Teen Titans Spotlight
• New Titans (what The New Teen Titans v2 evolves into)
• Team Titans
• Titans v1-3
• Terror Titans
• Tiny Titans
• Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse
• Teen Titans Go! v1 and 2
• Titans Hunt
• Titans: Burning Rage
• Titans United
• Teen Titans Academy
• Any other Titans-related ongoing, mini and/or one-shot.

5 Likes