Gentle Reminder: Civility and Courtesy In All Things✅

Greetings, Friends!

We have a lot of passionate people on this service. That’s part of what we love about DC fans. In exploring these passions, we ask that you keep the following in mind to maintain a positive and welcoming community:

:white_check_mark:Be courteous
:white_check_mark:Remain civil
:white_check_mark:Do not personally attack
:white_check_mark:If you are attacked, do not engage- report to Customer Support

If you need a refresher on the Community Guidelines and expectations, you can review them here:

Moderators are given full discretion to temporarily or permanently ban anyone that is in violation of these guidelines. Thank you for your understanding, and for doing your part to keep the Universe in order.

23 Likes

The moderators here really are doing top notch work. I appreciate them greatly. Always a positive and encouraging word given. Plus they seem to understand that there are many levels of fandom. And we all deserve decency and common courtesy.

4 Likes

Thanks, @altorrez83 :blush:We’re all very honored to be here doing this work with you, and the community really keeps us motivated to do our best. That kind of sounds pandering, but it’s the honest truth.

3 Likes

I may not be as active as others on this board but I have been really impressed by what I have seen so far. I really haven’t seen much negativity or troll-like behavior. What I have been reading has been incredibly positive in fact, everyone seems respectful in their presentation of opinions and most of it is just plain fun to read. I think we have a great community here and I look forward to watching it grow.

5 Likes

@AKSteve, it’s remarkable how naturally positive and thoughtful the people on these forums are :slight_smile: Even if you aren’t as active, we’re glad to have you here and hope to see more of you in the New Year!

2 Likes

It is extraordinarily refreshing to find a hub of fans who are civil and positive to one another. Thank Rao we gave a solid group here.

6 Likes

@AppleJack you do a fine job as moderator

6 Likes

Wonderful thread :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face: Last night I think I broke one of the rules, and wanted to apologize to everyone and mostly to DC Mods. It was all misunderstanding and I shouldn’t got involved in a post and I’m sorry and ready to move on.

3 Likes

No need for apologies, friends! But what a great bunch of people you are for even thinking to do so! <3 <3 <3

5 Likes

I actually have yet to see any heated debates everyone has been super nice. Love the DC community. I actually stopped reading marvel because that community was super toxic. Haven’t seen a marvel movie after deadpool.

7 Likes

Thanks @applejack

5 Likes

I love it here, everyone is nice and friendly over all. Its refreshing, and the plus side is getting to debate my favorite characters, discuss shows, comics and movies with other fans. I don’t have a lot of fans who are into DC and comics in general lol, so its nice to see a respectful community to interact with. I think part of the reason everyone is so awesome is because they’re paying to be here and nobody wants a banned when they’re paying for the service lol

4 Likes

A good thread to read. Yes, it’s good to be passionate about things you enjoy and sometimes be critical about things you don’t quite enjoy. But, yes attacking someone for actually taking the time to express an opinion isn’t the way to do it. Yes, some people don’t express their opinions in courteous ways and choose more derogatory ways of expressing themselves. But, that’s part of the online world. Entertainment, especially in the comic and superhero world, is subjective. Not everyone is going to love or hate the same things. That’s what makes the film and entertainment fan communities so great and unique.

4 Likes

Hey folks, nudging this post as a reminder that we’re all comic fans and friends here. :green_heart:

5 Likes

I prefer DC. Someone may prefer another Comic company.

“That’s why ice cream stores don’t just sell Chocolate & Vanilla. Every once in a while, someone walks in & orders Butter Pecan.” - Ralph Dibny

2 Likes

I love this community!!! Even if there are potential trolls lol.

1 Like

@Portal: Superman ice cream is my favorite!!!

1 Like

Portalman I find your ice cream choices a personal affront, I would flame you but the mods say we have to be nice.

1 Like

@msgtv Appreciate that.

2 Likes