Generating Hope & Fear: DC's Greatest Triumphs in CGI

Darkseid is… and boy, is he EVER. The graphical team behind Zack Snyder’s Justice League has without question delivered one of the most horrifying CGI villains to darken the DC Universe in the craggy visage of the Lord of Apokolips. But this woeful countenance is only the latest in a well-established bounty of computer-generated grandeur which DC’s most ambitious projects have long provided. Let’s take a look at how DC’s greatest 3D renderings have evolved, culminating in the breathtaking visuals that are found within Zack Snyder’s Justice League on HBO Max.

Check out the full breakdown in the News section of dccomics.com!

Which of these forays into CGI was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!

5 Likes

First!

I liked the CGI part of the Justice League cartoon theme song.

:musical_note: Do do do dooooooooo :musical_note:

6 Likes

Topo for the win, though I think Zod is one of the next CBM villains ever!

3 Likes

I feel like Alex did an amazing job putting this list together, though I did suggest a couple that he missed.

-The Cosmic Staff in Stargirl: They managed to put so much magic and personality in this seemingly inanimate object, something that’s a feat unto itself.
-The “Kill the Justice League” trailer: I think this is arguably the best, most lifelike computer animated take on DC’s characters and world that we’ve seen so far. Can’t wait to see what the rest of the game looks like!

Thoughts? What other amazing DC CGI characters or moments might have been left off the list?

3 Likes

That’s a great list, I’d also suggest Solomon Grundy from Stargirl and Christopher Reeve flying.

3 Likes

I’m not sure Christopher Reeve really counts as CGI, though. Henry Cavill or Tyler Hoechlin, probably, but Reeve’s flying effects were all practical!

2 Likes

I do love that Lois and Superman is using a lot of the visual language from MoS.

1 Like

I am like two hours into the movie and i am enjoying it

3 Likes