General Chat: Thoughts on DC Universe Infinite? ❤️? 💔?

For what it’s worth you can still find it on HBO MAX. Shame the video has to go though :frowning:

How is Marvel Unlimited cheaper. I checked it was 10 dollars a month. Is it cheaper annually, I am confused?

2 Likes

One of their annual options is a little cheaper.

2 Likes

Except for Daredevil and Fantastic Four, I don’t find current Marvel interesting at all

Since the Community is free to all, an alternative might be Comixology Unlimited. For a monthly fee, you can borrow many great stories, like Early Fantastic Four, Spiderman.and Sgt Fury and the Howling Commandos, plus a lot of early Vertigo, including Sandman… You get 15% off other issues, many older issues are 89 cents each and there are often fantastic sales at greatly reduced prices.

3 Likes

Hey @AshenHerb, I’m not sure about the status of The Sandman, but I’ll be sure to let the team know you’d be interested in having it added to the service, if possible. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah ok thanks, that makes sense what people mean by that now.

2 Likes

The real question is ‘why was it so cheap before?’

3 Likes

Exactly! The cost of the original DCU was very cheap for what you got.

Imo, the price was set so low to try and entice subscribers and once they had things up and running, we would have seen cost increases to match industry standards.

Flawed offering didn’t succeed (not enough video content, imo) so video content was moved and a comics only site created. That comics only site is roughly industry standard cost - which is fair.

2 Likes

So I’m not able to watch the shows that made me sign up In the first place??? I was literally just starting season 2 of titans???

Sorry. But DC announced the change back in Sept.

If you subscribed monthly, you can just cancel. If annual, I think you can get a refund or at least discuss your options (see link below). All of the original video offerings (like Titans) are now available on HBO Max.

2 Likes

Hey,

DarkKnightinWhiteSatin is correct. We’ve tried to be as transparent about the service changes as possible to try and avoid any confusion. If you’ve subscribed annually, you should be eligible for a pro-rated refund and you can discuss this with our support team here.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

4 Likes

I find myself now almost waiting for the new site to arrive. Being on here now feels like the last day on a cruise. You want to have fun but you know it’s ending soon and you’re too consumed with what will happen after it ends to enjoy the moments you have left.

Two questions I have

1. I know things will post six months after they’re released to stores but will it be six months to the day or will new comics come out on a Tuesday like they do in comic book stores?

2. Any chance that Sweet Tooth will be added? I’d love to read the old books before the series comes out on Netflix and am hoping that Sweet Tooth: The Return will be a part of DCU Universe Infinite as well.

4 Likes

Hey Felix!

1: We currently add new comics once a week much like physical stores do. I think that’s currently 12:00AM on Wednesdays, but there’s a chance I’m incorrect there. That may change when we switch over to DCU Infinite, I’ll see if I can find out for you :slight_smile:

2: I’ve added Sweet Tooth to our request list for you so it’ll end up on the DC Team’s radar :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply and info. Sorry about that accident that you suffered, though one could argue you’re better off now than you were but I realize the loss of Abby and a “normal” life has to be horrific to deal with. :wink:

6 Likes

I realize mods may not be allowed to answer this question, but in the chance they are, when can we expect more news on what will be coming to DCUI with the transition? Anxious to know what will be added!

1 Like

I’m still confused. So roku no longer carries DCU with the videos, however it does carried DC comic universe that only has comics. If I use my cell phone. I’ll still have access to the DC movies/ tv shows? Or is all of that going away and just leaving me with comics? I just need clarity. I joined because I love the movies and series. So no more TEEN Titans season 3? Series? Where can I see them then? I’m not paying just for comics to read on tv that makes no sense to me. Please help me understand. Thanks

Hey @JayJayden - You can always check the watchtower section of the community, we will post any updates there in regards to what is being added/changed in regards to DCUi. Here is part one of what is being added in January.

@actresskubbi - DC Universe is transitioning into DC Universe Infinite and will be a comic book service. HBO Max will be the home of all DC video content. You can read more about this here.

2 Likes

It’s not been easy, Felix! Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All video is leaving the app on January 20th. The app no longer works on Roku. If you want to see Titans, Doom Patrol, Stargirl or any other DC video content you should check out HBO Max - which is excellent, by the way - or Netflix for the Arrowverse shows.

2 Likes

All video content is leaving DCU

3 Likes

Is there an exact date for the addition of DC universe comics? I assume it’s end of the month.

1 Like