GCPD: The Blue Wall (10/18/22) | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead!

Still relatively early in her tenure as GCPD commissioner, Renee Montoya sets out to rebuild her department and restore public faith in the historically troubled PD during some of the worst conditions it’s ever seen. But Renee can’t do it alone—in order for her plan to work, everyone from the topmost officials all the way down to the most fresh-faced new officers must contend with the harsh realities of being a symbol of law and order in a city of super-powered saviors and superhuman lawlessness. This six-part miniseries is a thought-provoking and riveting story of everyday people trying to do good in the midst of a flawed system. No one said protecting a city like Gotham would be easy.

:open_book: If you’ve read it (or plan to) drop your thoughts below when you’re ready!

You can join or learn more about :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: Birds or Prey HERE.

12 Likes

A peek at what’s to come;

And some variants :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Amazing variants! :raised_hands: Can’t wait to check this one out!

4 Likes

I’m always happy to spend time with Renee!

Here’s another! :star_struck:

Ps. Tagging @FelixLeiter if they’ll be getting to this series any time soon. :wave: Hi.

8 Likes

:eyes: Oh wow!

4 Likes

It’s good right? :full_moon_with_face:

:speaker: Wait… paging Dr. @Angel212

3 Likes

I’ll be getting into this 30 days after it was released in stores! Thanks for tagging me and for posting the teasers - looks fantastic!

4 Likes

Whoa, I’m a doctor now? :joy: Here’s my dissertation, titled “Renee Is Awesome.” :bookmark_tabs:

(Really looking forward to this series. :grin:)

6 Likes

@FelixLeiter Awesome. :saluting_face: See you next month!

:laughing: This is an excellent dissertation title.

5 Likes

That 30 day release makes the upgrade super tempting.

6 Likes

This was a great start! I like all the rookies so far—Officer Park gets the focus in issue 1, as well as Renee. I’m very curious about the other two, how their first posts play out, and how this all go for Montoya. :books: I’m definitely on board for more.

6 Likes

I have to say, even apart from the general message, which I don’t agree with, but appreciate the nuanced way that Ridley presents it - I’m really frustrated at the destruction done to Renee’s life here. It feels a bit like a drive by on the character - one that if it gets a good follow up, could be excellent, but just ending like this is so negative and leaves such a sour taste in my mouth.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed this mini-series. But man, Renee Montoya…I think I’m going to join her in downing a bottle.

It feels so depressing to see what happens around her. Some of it makes sense for the themes and message of telhe story. But some other stuff feels overwhelming. I can’t say that it ruins the story for me personally. But I really hope Renee gets some major focus soon (like her own book or as a major supporting character in someone else’s) that shows her recover and find a bit more happiness

3 Likes