Gay Bart Allen would be Perfect for Young Justice

I think Bart Allen should be gay in support of the LGBTQ community. Bart Allen is just a perfect choice and I love the show because of him. I think fans would love it seeing as they anticipated it for a while. Plus, it would bring great publicity and break barriers. Bart doesn’t have to be like Wally since he’s a different person. Like how every Robin isn’t like Dick Grayson. Plus, breaking from the comics would be a brave choice. Comments?

6 Likes

I think they would need to work out to have him paralleled in both animation and the books. Continuity matters and what becomes canonical matters. So if a Bart is going to retain continuity and canonical legacy as an openly gay character, it needs to be more than just YJ animated.

4 Likes

Absolutely not

10 Likes

No thanks

9 Likes

Absolutely! There’s nothing wrong with doing things differently! If there was something wrong with doing things differently, we wouldn’t even have comics the way they are today.

8 Likes

It wouldn’t bother me if not for that fact that he has already had a girlfriend for while time in the impulse comic book series and he also was with Valerie parez when he was the flash for a short time also he has had a huge crush on rose willson also it’s heavily implied he is attracted to wonder girl but this is all in the comics maybe he could be bi

5 Likes

Dont rewrite history i say make another speedster make him gay

7 Likes

And that’s fine if he takes the comic route, but we’ve seen (like with Halo/Violet) just how positively a character can be affected when they divert from their comic interpretations.

6 Likes

I don’t think new 52 wally west has dated yet not sure but I would be fine if it turned out be was gay

2 Likes

I think that’s great. I mean, I’m a big Bart/Jaime shipper, so, I still hope!

4 Likes

I mean, I think that Bart being gay would be great. You all do realize that comics and YJ have two different continuities, right? Bart can be straight in the comics and gay on the show and it doesn’t matter because they are two separate things.

4 Likes

Also, I wouldn’t be opposed to a gay Bart in the comics, TBQH.

3 Likes

I think he should be asexual

3 Likes

Ya he can be on the show and strait in the comics but eventually they will change him in the comics because people will go buy the comics and be like I thought Bart was gay and they won’t buy it because it’s not the Bart they know from the yj show so it kinda sucks for the people who have been reading him for years

1 Like

@yutzy72091
I really doubt that anything that happens in YJ is going to make a splash in the comics because let’s face it, YJ isn’t in the zeitgeist like the MCU. Not to mention, someone who wanted to watch YJ S3 would have to be a big enough DC fan to pay for DCU, and I can’t imagine a lot of casual superhero fans doing that. And, one way or another, Bart being a closeted gay kid the whole time doesn’t ruin Bart as a character just the same as it didn’t ruin Iceman. If anything, it made Iceman better.

2 Likes

Didn’t say it would ruin him as a character also stuff in the movies and TV shows and movies have changed things about DC comics in the past so there is a history of this happening already like at first rebirth supergirl is essentially the supergirl CW show and diggle was added to arrow in new 52 green arrow after the success of arrow on CW they got rid of the original wally west in new 52 and replaced him with an African American version of wally due to the popularity of the flash on CW aquaman currantly has long hair again due to the success of Jason mamoas aquaman in the movies basicly the only characters who haven’t been effected by things like this are ones who havet appered in any show or movie and tbh yj is the show most people likely got this service to watch because it already had a huge mainstream following from the first 2 seasons on CN so im 100 percent sure this show will make a splash but that’s besides the point I’m just saying if you have been reading a character for years and he has never been gay in fact has had multiple strait relationships some people may be upset or at least a little annoyed that they basically changed a character sexual orientation to please the people who watched the yj show

2 Likes

yyyyyyyeeeeeesssssss please

5 Likes

I feel like him and the teen who works for the the meta facility (the one who teleports) are dating because when they shows that Virgil needed a girlfriend during the bumper cars. Bart and him(Teleport Guy) were sitting in the same car like the rest of the couples.

2 Likes

I think they should go with him being bisexual. John Constantine is the only bisexual male character I can think of in the DC universe and I don’t even know if he’s been portrayed as bisexual in DC-canon stories (New 52 and Rebirth, mostly), just in the old Hellblazer series from Vertigo Comics. There are plenty of bisexual women in DC but no men.

6 Likes

Constantine’s bisexuality has played a big role in his New 52 and Rebirth comics!

6 Likes