Garage Sale Finds: Have You Scored Paydirt Or Dirt?

Being a former fan of garage sales in my pre-teen years, I can attest to how much fun they are and to the loot you can score for great deals.

The best DC goodies I found at a garage sale were a loose (opened, for those not familiar with the nomenclature) Super Powers Joker action figure and 3/4’s of a Super Powers Lex Luthor. Suffice to say, I had much better luck with non-DC finds in my garage sale days.

What about you? Did you score a box of comics that got you into the wonderful worlds of DC? A statue or two for pennies on the dollar? Boxed Kenner Super Powers goodies or other DC toys?

Spread the word on your DC oriented garage sale successes!

3 Likes

I have never been so lucky to find a thing But a friend of mine in college bought a mystery box of old comics He paid 30 dollars for Most of the comics where non super hero comics, Sgt Rock , Nick fury in the howling commandos and such But at the very bottom of the box was the the Original Uncanny X-Men actually it was like 12 of the original X-Men comic. None where in mint condition but they did help pay for a couple of semesters

2 Likes

I have yet to find a garage sale collection, much less hit pay dirt. But I always have my eyes open. Believe me if I ever find one, this’ll be the first place I’ll come to boast.

1 Like

I have had luck at Half Price books over the years. I found Hardware Issue 1 for 1.50. It is signed by Dwayne McDuffie and Denys Cowan.

1 Like

@portalman Half Price can be a great place for home runs. I live in Dallas where their flagship store is. The comic is huge.

1 Like

*section

1 Like

Found this post from a while back. Funny story, not DC related though. I used to collect Micronaut figures. I grew up with them in the late 70s. I bought a BOX of spare Micronaut loose toys for $20. I just always bought them when I found them at garage sales, flea markets, and toy shows. Anyway, I held on to them for many years. As my toy collecting was really taking over the house I had to decide what things to sell, what to keep. Two of the figures from the box I had purchased for $20 ended up being quite valuable as they copyright dates and conpany stamps on the figures made them quite rare. I sold just two of the figures out of that box for more than $500. So now that it’s garage sale season, everyone should be out there supporting their neigjbors.

2 Likes

@jvfann Nice profit! Those Micronauts figures look like they’d be fun.

1 Like