Games You Want

What DC hero/anti hero would you like to see with their own free roam type videogame? What game mechanics would you add that could really effect the abilities of the character. I’ll start by saying I’d obviously want a swamp thing game. Free roam, swamp like map could make great fun for how he manipulates plants to move around or fight his enemies. Maybe add gear or skins of his different looks he’s had over the years.

2 Likes

I love DC, but not really a gamer so would love a DC game that it doesn’t feel like I need to be particularly skilled to play, but also have the full in DC universe feel.

Something in the style of Grand Theft Auto meets the Suicide Squad could be a worthwhile pick-up for the ol’ Atari Jaguar.

1 Like

I always thought they could make an amazing Nightwing game in the style of Assassin’s Creed where you could run across rooftops and bounce off walls.

1 Like

@Vroom, I like your GTA idea, but I think the Suicide Squad is too big so I’m replacing them with a solo character, Joker.

1 Like

A Wonder Woman game in the vein of 2018’s God of War.

3 Likes

The Swamp Thing show reminded me alot of Dead Space series so that would be cool if Swamp Thing got a dedeicated open world horror themed video game.

Environments ranging from the swamp to the hospital of course…

1 Like

A deep, epic and well done Superman game. I’m fed up with the excuses that it’s impossible due to his powers. BS! Proper and motivated creative minds can and will find a way. This is WAY overdue. Somebody make this happen!

Heres an example off the top of my head. Set the game up like a Metroid, not necessarily a “Metroidvainia” (though that would be cool), but have the game start out with him having all of his powers stripped away (due to Red K or whatever). Superman would then have to traverse the world gaining his powers back one by one. Then at the end have him fight Zod or Darkseid as the final boss.

Bomm. There ya go!

2 Likes

A 2D Flash game that is similar to the classic Sonic games.

2 Likes

Here’s a video on the open world Flash game that never saw the light of day. Too bad to, it looked like it was gonna be awesome…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMX15JmbM_4

I’d love a new Superman game. And for people who think you can’t do Superman in a video because of his powers…just look at the Arkham series. The game mechanics are a template for how Superman can work in a game.

Detective mode is basically x-ray vision. Punching through a thin wooden wall to grab a criminal could easily be changed to a brick wall for super strength. Batman hearing conversations on the street level with what I assume is a really good microphone is basically Clark’s hearing. Gliding could be fine tuned to be flight (hell, the Lego games have done amazing flight mechanics for Superman) and I’m sure heat vision and freeze breath could just be fine tuned from Batman’s gadgets.

You could have stealth missions as Clark where you can use your powers to obtain information without anyone noticing.

As for villains, Superman has quite a few that would translate well. If you’re one of the people arguing “he’s too powerful! How can you hurt him??” Well, he’s got villains who use kryptonite (Luthor and Metallo), similar kryptonians on his level (Bizarro, Zod and his army), powerful creatures (Parasite), Magic-based villains (Mxyzptlk) and other aliens (Brainiac, Mongul, Darkseid) plus other villains like Toyman, Prankster, intergang, Terra-man, etc

It’s entirely possible

3 Likes

Yes, I’m repeating myself. I’m an old man; I’m allowed.

I want a free-roam Booster Gold game - not just through today’s Metropolis, but through time. 18th, 25th, 31st, and 853rd centuries at the very least.

Multiple endings depending on how you change the timeline, ala Chono Trigger.

2 Likes

@super-squirrel…that’s an amazing idea! I would love that!

@Super-Squirrel I’d be all over that game. Also, make sure to cast the Booster voice actor from JLU and Batman: Brave and the Bold.

1 Like

A flashpoint video game

1 Like

A open world coop rpg game

Red Hood, Azrael, Nightwing and Robin, Justice League

The Superman Returns game was pretty good in handling Superman’s powers, if not perfect. It had a sprawling city for you to explore, but it wasn’t without drawbacks (namely, the last thing you fight isn’t a monster or alien, but a bunch of tornados).

As for an original game, I’ve long had this idea for a game in the Arkham series that lets you play as Batman’s allies throughout, switching between them at certain points through the story, until after you’ve beaten it you can switch anytime you want at certain checkpoints (not unlike Arkham City). My hope would’ve been a roster of Nightwing, Robin (Tim Drake), Black Bat and Batgirl (Steph Brown), each with unique fighting styles.
Never gonna happen, but it would’ve been cool.

I want Rocksteady to do the following games justice (like they did for the Batman Arkham series games)

1. Superman

2. A Green Lantern Corps

3. Green Arrow

2 Likes