G.C.P.D (Gotham City Police Department) Film or TV Series?

Who would be interested in seeing a GCPD Film or TV series? The story would be of two Gotham City Police Detectives who solve crime in the gothic crime filled streets of Gotham City. Amongst the shadows of the Batman.

5 Likes

An adaptation of Gotham Central is the best option.

Take the Gotham Central trades to an interested party, plop them on the table and say “There’s your series. When do we open the writers room and start pre-production?”.

10 Likes

As cool as Gotham was, a Gotham Central show would have been a million times better.

3 Likes

A Gotham Central show would absolutely kick ass wow.

1 Like

I only recently read Gotham Central. Prior to that I used to use the mantra of “If you ever feel useless, remember that Gotham has a police department”. Boy was I wrong!

5 Likes

That’s what I knda thought Gotham was going to be as a show. Yes, Gotham Central, especially if it adapts the actual comic, would be amazing.

2 Likes

Montoya and Allen all day please.

1 Like

It’s an intriguing idea, but I feel it’s a continuation of the trend of superhero related shows without the actual hero. I’m ready for a straight up Batman live action show…last time we had one was in the 60s, unless there’s something I’m not aware of. On the same note, give us Wonder Woman and Superman…or just do a Trinity show! I know…not happening, but a fan can wish.
Don’t mean to shoot the original idea down by the way. I’d still watch that show about The GCPD :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A GCPD movie would be cool especially if it had a Batman Cameo in it. And a young Gordan in it.

For me, Gotham struck a nice balance between superhero shenanigans, and cop drama, so it would seem weird to do a new GCPD show. I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea at all, I just think Gotham already is that for me.

It sounds like an awesome show. Can’t go wrong with some more Bat related products.

Sidenote

@moro that trinity show sounds great. Like you said it probably won’t happen but it sounds awesome. Just listening to the banter between Bats and Supes would be great.

1 Like

I wouldn’t limit it to two detectives. Make a Gotham Central inspired show that focuses on the entire department, with each arc focusing on a different set of detectives/officers.

That’s what I wanted and thought we were getting with Gotham, but things went a different direction.

1 Like

@moro I’d love a Trinity show, especially if (in addition to its own original stories), it borrows from the assorted Trinity comic series.

Matt Wagner’s Trinity mini could serve as a great basis for a three part debut episode.

1 Like

They should do it like a generic police procedural that’s so popular, and then a few episodes in, BAM crocodile man!

2 Likes

I would be all for this.

1 Like

I’m very interested in a police procedural taking place in Gotham, actually what I thought Gotham was going to be before it came out and was… Gotham.

As @moro mentioned, I’m not a fan of the superhero show without the superhero (your Gothams, Kryptons, etc.). That said, Gotham Central, if it keeps Batman in it, hires Greg Rucka, Ed Brubaker, and Michael Lark as consultants, and straight-up adapts the comics, could easily be the greatest superhero TV ever made.

1 Like

So Gotham Season 1? LOL.

2 Likes

They have one on fox called Gotham it’s pretty good