Future State: Wonder Woman - Spoilers Discussion Issues 1-2

I honestly absolutely loved this issue - so much so that I made a video just to talk about it. Seriously, Yara is awesome and I seriously, seriously, seriously hope this leads to her own ongoing series and such. I’d love to see her show up more. And man, I really hope that the CW show does her justice.

ps. Here is the video

1 Like

Oops…Forgot to add link haha

1 Like

Awesome.
You’ve got your wish with a Yara tile as Jones will be helming her in a Wonder Girl series.

1 Like

Loved it.

My favorite Wonder Woman run out of what I’ve read so far is Azzarello and Chiang’s New 52 stuff. This reminds me of that because it leans heavily into the world of the gods and the mythology of it all. There seems to be lots of world building, with different creatures and settings. The sequence in the underworld was great; imaginative with a bit of added humor to boot.

The pace was fantastic and moved briskly from internal dialogue to action to conversation, while changing settings in a manner that kept every page fresh.

I like Yara, a lot. She has just the right combination of confidence, light heartedness and wit to make her a lot of fun to read.

Beautiful art by Jones. I must say, all of the art in the issues I’ve read of Future State so far has been amazing. DC is making something special.

1 Like

Into week 2, this is still my favorite book of FS

I loved everything about this book! The way Yara is written, the story, and art. All amazing! It’s the only Future State book I throughly enjoyed. I hope Jones is allowed to continue writing Yara for a long time to come.

1 Like

Jones definitely has a feel for Yara, think DC has got a winner on its hands

1 Like

Has anyone else read #2 yet? I got it today and really enjoyed it. I loved the art so much, and can’t wait for the Wonder Girl series. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Went to the LCS and their DC was delayed and tomorrow we get rain/ice 3-5 inches of snow so it could be awhile. Very tempted to get this and Swamp Thing digital but gonna try to hold off a couple of days.

I would definitely say it’s worth waiting for the print version. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, may end up being next Weds before I get it. Now, must avoid spoilers.

I enjoyed these 2 issues, thought it was a good introduction for the character and I’ll probably follow Wonder Girl now. I wonder if we will see Potira again.

1 Like

Very much enjoyed this two issue series. Same laudatory compliments from before. Well written, interesting characters, looks beautiful. I also really like the design of the Greek Gods in here. Not all the way back to the Greek toga design but more majestic than during Rucka’s Wonder Woman.
The visuals, one thing I noticed this issue is the Jones does the little things right. As Yara floats across the River Styx, Caipora is sitting on the end of the dock with her legs dangling and kicking out over the water. It’s just so completely a natural thing for this character to do. Easy to just miss, but really adds to feeling her.
You just knew the trip wouldn’t end well, tragic but no way is Yara done trying.

1 Like